Google Publishing Error - Wanting GTIN or MPN for products marked as custom

Kevin3185
3 0 0

Ive spent literally weeks adding a complete catalogue to shopify and have carefully marked products as custom (yes ive gone through and checked the boxes) however every time i come back to the website to do some more i find a ton of products with an error message saying i need to add a GTIN / MPN.

ive been clicking on the individual products and then unchecking and rechecking the custom product box and that fixes it for a little while and then boom, errors all over again.

This morning it was nearly 800 products. No way can i go into all those and individually uncheck, save, recheck and save again.

Whats causing this mess and how do i stop it, failng that is there someway of marking bulk products as custom so i dont have to resave all the individuals.

0 Likes
cw-moss
5 0 0
I am having the exact same issue. Have literally spent HOURS!! Not recognizing custom item. Please help!!
0 Likes
cw-moss
5 0 0

Did you ever find a solution? I have tried all I can think of.

0 Likes
Kevin3185
3 0 0
Nope. Still doesn’t work, I’ve tried everything I’ve been recommended but still won’t work
0 Likes
cw-moss
5 0 0

It's interesting that when you view the product listing on Shopify it show that is not published on the Google App, but when I look within the Google App it shows that it is published.

0 Likes
Bat_Fit_Crazy
1 0 0

Did anyone ever get a fix? I have 719 now and almost a quarter of my sales came from Google

0 Likes
Kevin3185
3 0 0
Nope. I tried making up a number and it still won’t publish to Google. Shopify say it’s a Google problem, Google say it’s a Shopify problem, nobody is interested in fixing it sadly
0 Likes
Owf
1 0 0

Has anyone managed to sort this out?

it’s now happened to me even though I’ve had these products up for months. Quite worried about how this is affecting my store. Any guidance would be appreciated 

0 Likes
kev911
1 0 0

same problem here too. not sure what is wrong.

0 Likes
hannabanana
1 0 0

Same thing is happening to me currently. So frustrating! A fix would be great...

0 Likes