Google Shopping information not updating through Shopify Product Import

Bikes-Angel
Excursionist
56 0 12

@eGarderoben OMG I so agree that stupid turning world that I guess they think is so cool oh wow you can make a 3d spinning circle sheesh and it's annoying as heck.  Wanna give me live view? so tell me who my visitor is, where he's coming from, what page they're on, what page / referrer they came from, and what key word they used to get there! 
And at least with the old flat view, you got the excitement of seeing the hill rise when they added to cart or started check out ROFL!

Yes, they are not fulfilling their advertised obligations especially since they keep marketing to small businesses / custom creators!    So they duplicated all those fields and yes the duplication is for the variations (which half of them are my way of selling things or things like  with photo / no photo etc that really have nothing to do with google for actual importance.   

But hey OK  the csv doesn't work   .... I manually updated every single product  it took me hours....   but I still have no way to tell google that there's no need for a gtin/mpn/brand because my products are CUSTOM!!!!!    and the Custom = True field is not working to tell google that the identifier_exists is NO   so what's the purpose of that custom field?

One of the shopify reps told me to go to google merchant and make a feed rule (which doesn't really work for this purpose and google themselves never suggested it) but hey merchant lets put all the heavy lifting on you.  NO, this is why I switched to shopify because it was supposed to be seamless.   If I wanted to become a google / seo expert and do all this manually I'd just stick with my older website and not pay shopify!

Oh and don't even let me start on everything that's wrong with what goes over to Bing webmaster  So many errors my head is spinning.

0 Likes
eGarderoben
Tourist
6 0 2

Here we go everyone:

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fix-the-problem-with-google-product-info-tags

Please do share on your social media and network.

Bikes-Angel
Excursionist
56 0 12

@eGarderoben   Please add "export" to that so there's  no miscommunication because I don't want to re-do everything.   We need to export what's already populated into those fields within shopify products  so we can edit them  then import.   I have found with programmers / developers, if you leave something out, you're not going to get it.
And if you would add the identifier_exists field needs to be added to the csv and api  ( I mean they have 4 custom fields there for our own tracking which google states that most merchants DO NOT USE!  )  All custom creators need this  (and probably non custom shops too  since, gtin is not part of the google app on shopify  nor is brand  oye!)

0 Likes
Stouty212
2 0 1

@eGarderoben wrote:

Here we go everyone:

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/fix-the-problem-with-google-product-info-tags

Please do share on your social media and network.

Petition signed. Thank you for starting this, needs to be addressed urgently.