Google Tag Manager with Shopify Basic

Highlighted
1 0 2

Hi, while this topic seems to have been done to death, I just can't seem to find a detailed answer to my question, so would appreciate any and all help! I am integrating Google Tag Manager with my Shopify Basic account. I understand how to embed the GTM container code into Theme.liquid in the head and body.

But with a basic account, I can't access the checkout.liquid file to embed GTM there. What is the workaround for this, as I would like all conversions to be captured.

Several online tutorials suggest that one embeds the GTM code into additional java script box within the google analytics section under preferences. And others suggest that doing so would mess up conversions tracking.

Just what is the right thing to do if one has a shopify basic account  - where do both the top and bottom GTM container codes go for checkout?

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Charu_Mahajan Did you find a solution? I've been wondering the same thing.

Implementing GTM through additional JS in Google Analytics throws quite a few warnings. Also, in GTM preview mode, the window underneath doesn't open for me on checkout as it opens on the home and product page with this implementation.

0 Likes