Google Trusted Stores

Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 7

Hello Shopify Gurus,

Much to our delight we're eligible for Google Trusted Stores in AU, and are ready to setup and launch.

Alas, after spending time reviewing their specs and  getting ready to implement we have been told by Google that the Shopify checkout is not compatible. Specifically:

"We have noticed that your store’s shopping cart is currently provided by Shopify. As part of the technical requirements of the programme, all checkout pages must be on the same domain as the store itself. Unfortunately, Shopify is not compatible with this requirement."

We love Shopify but this is a major setback....our competitors on other platforms are trusted stores. Please, please, please make Shopify compatible so we can implement and maximise our search exposure and credibility...on our existing unlimited plan and without having to setup an app (implemenation seems very simle and I'm not a techie)!!!

Does anyone else have the same need?

Thanks in advance!!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 0 36

There are multiple threads on this across Shopify's Forums.

As it stands, Shopify is phsyically unable to provide such integration due to how Shopify itself works. If you have a custom domain name for your Shopify Store, then you're website is going to go through a different DNS. Your checkout, on the otherhand, will always be attached to shopify.com. So unless Shopify changes how their checkouts are handled, you're probably out of luck.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

I'm with Michael!!!! We want GTS integration! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Google Trusted ( Certified )  Shops is available with shopify, but you need to upgrade to the plus plan,

where you have your own custom SSl certification, which Shopify will set up for you in 5 - 7 days,

Plus there are many added benifits and features.

Hope that helps

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 0 11

Why doesn't Shopify feature a plan where the checkout is hosted on the same domain as the store......

and doesn't cost $1,000/month?

That's just absurd. I would gladly pay more money per month for checkout on my domain, but not $800+/monthly....

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

YES!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

You can now add Google Trusted Stores to any Shopify account for only $29/month.www.checkoutpro.io/get-gts to learn more.

Also..our demo store is live! 

We've currently got the checkout set to test mode and we're defaulting the payment info fields, which means you can go all the way through the checkout process. Be sure to use your real email address so you can see the special receipts we're using!

http://store.checkoutpro.io - This link will allow you to see our Google Trusted Stores validation :)

Please contact us through our site (www.checkoutpro.io) if you have any questions or any interest so we can have a proper conversation about your needs and desires for your store!

CheckoutPro | A completely customized Checkout experience for Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 0 36

So instead of customers using the secure and verified Shopify checkout system, that is integeral to every Shopify store, you want them to use your checkout system, through your database?
How do we know that's secure? Sure, you have SSL certificates, great. But if shit hits the fan, and your servers are compromised, Shopify will be able to do nothing for those customers, and that will blow up really hard.

This just seems like a terrible idea for any Shopify merchant, and I would highly advise people to grow some patience, and wait for Shopify's integration of GTS. You don't need it, and it's definetly not worth the risk of using some unknown alternative checkout system.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 2

Cameron,

Thanks for your concerns. I hear them and appreciate your voice on this discussion. Shopify does offer Google Trusted Stores integration, but only for its Plus customers. If your business is able to shell out $12,000/year for Plus, then you should definitely explore that as a viable option for GTS integration. To address a couple of your points, specifically:

1. Implementing a Secure Checkout is not a very difficult task for a seasoned developer (or development team, in our case). Our program has partnered with one of the top infrastructure security firms (Dome9), and we have had our environments independently qualified (Qualys) and scanned to ensure that the environments meet full PCI compliance. We have three distinct security vectors on our checkout, and I'd be happy to discuss these vectors with you in a separate email or a phone call.

2. Our product serves as an intermediary between the Payment Gateways and the Store. To that end, we do not receive or store any of the customers sensitive data. As part of our architectural roadmap, we only maintain tokens which are provided to us by our other Visa level compliant vendors (Stripe, Paypal, BrainTree, etc.).

3. The servers and environment which we host our applications are very secure. To be candid, we were overly concerned with security, and so our vendor/partner selection is very similar to Shopify. Furthermore, on a transactional level, we have ensured compliance by offering 128-bit encryption for all online transactions that occur on our system. We also have managed access levels within our organization, so there's only a couple of people who have the "keys to the kingdom". I am one of those people.

Again, I do appreciate your candid reply, Cameron. I hope that this helps address some of your concerns. I'd be happy to talk to you more about any of these points, but lets please address them outside of these forums.

Kevin Schultz

Co-Founder - kschultz@checkoutpro.io

CheckoutPro | A completely customized Checkout experience for Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
152 0 36

Thanks for your response. You provided a lot of information that I did not find on your site, which clears up a lot of skepticism and concerns I had.

0 Likes