Google apps + DKIM + shopify

Sebastian_Young
Explorer
52 1 29

Today is a good day. It turns out that this is now available, but just a bit hidden. I've just authenticated our domain and confirmed that emails are being signed by our domain!

https://www.shopify.com/admin/settings/sender-email

Cookies
Excursionist
19 0 27

Wow, thank you for sharing! I confirm I have it also.

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 9.15.03 AM.png

Amazing, not a peep from Shopify about it. At least their community is great!

Off to go set it up now, thanks again!

Cookies
Excursionist
19 0 27

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 9.19.57 AM.png

Hip, hip, horray! 

Further reading, that "Learn more" link goes to here, where they have added some documentation about it: 

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/promoting-marketing/create-marketing/shopify-email/setup#change-y... 

Thanks again Sebastian for breaking the news!

jeffreyandrew
Tourist
3 0 1

It's a Thanksgiving miracle! Thanks Sebastian!

Cookies
Excursionist
19 0 27

Yeah, for real.

I also confirm, it is working as expected!

Picki
Shopify Partner
6 1 12

What a time to be alive !!

It took way too long, but I'm glad to see this today.

Thanks to whoever worked on this in the Shopify Team.

Sebastian_Young
Explorer
52 1 29

Is everyone's authentication still working? Ours seems to have stopped signing emails from our domain a couple of days ago, even though it is still showing as authenticated. This might coincide with a change in our DMARC policy (I don't see why that should be the case though). I am in touch with Shopify support to try to get to the bottom of it. Frustrating!

0 Likes
Cookies
Excursionist
19 0 27

Same. They broke it on their end. 

Sebastian_Young
Explorer
52 1 29

Thanks for confirming. At least they are aware now. I’ll provide an update when I hear back.

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
52 1 29

Hi @Cookies, I got in touch with Shopify support and today it was escalated to those responsible for DKIM. Now it is working once again. I'm interested to know if they have fixed an issue that was clearly affecting others, or whether they've just fixed us. Let me know!

0 Likes