Google apps + DKIM + shopify

Cookies
Excursionist
19 0 27

@Sebastian_Young thanks for your efforts with this. I have one shop that is fine right now, yet I have other shops where this is still broken.

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
57 1 29

Hi @Cookies, I have asked what the issue was and will see if I get a meaningful reply!

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
57 1 29

Hi @Cookies, I had a response. I was told the issue was that they made a configuration change for BFCM to alleviate the load on the servers that consequently affected stores with DKIM setup. This is now been sorted so in theory all your stores should be working again.

0 Likes
Sebastian_Young
Explorer
57 1 29

I noticed through our DMARC reporting that a small number of messages were still being signed by shopify.com. I contacted support again and it turns out these are account invitations, password resets, etc. These types of notifications are on a different infrastructure that hasn't been migrated to support custom DKIM yet. Support said that it will be migrated, but they couldn't provide a date. I tested this myself by sending test notifications and indeed it seems to be the case. I just thought I'd mention it on this thread in case anyone else wonders. So it's SPF authentication only for these messages for the time being, but given the small number, it's not a major issue, even with a reject DMARC policy.

0 Likes