Google campaign ROAS - data discrepancy between google report and shopify report?

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi,

I am trying to figure an accurate return on ad spend for my google campaign.    I am seeing significant differences in the numbers between the Google Ads site and the data for the same campaign viewed through the shopify report in the campaigns section.

The sites show the same number of impressions, however Shopify shows a Cost Per Conversion of $3.35 vs $4.49 on the google site.   Shopify shows 146 conversions vs 109 on google.   Shopify shows an apparent ROAS of 3.49 vs 2.68 on the google site.     These are pretty big differences --- can anyone help me understand what is going on here?   

Thanks!!

Ben

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi!  Perhaps the subject line is confusing.   My google campaign looks way more effective by viewing the shopify report than it does when I view the google report.  I can figure out which is more "real" and it will make a big difference how I would allocate my ad budget.

I am inexperienced with online advertising so it may be something simple that I am missing.  

0 Likes