Got an email about a Shopify Payments information request form.

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
37 2 30

I think your best bet here is to contact Shopify Support for clarification. I won't know much more than you would: I'm basically a merchant just like you. Unfortunately, this means I can't see anything specific to your store/account.

I will definitely agree that the whole way they've gone about this seems very sketchy, and Shopify could have done a much better job of communicating what's going on here. Actually very surprised nobody "official" has chimed in on this thread yet to offer some much needed clarity.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I just got the mail and logged into my account (didn't click anything in the email).  There was a big yellow "warning" message about this on my home page.  I clicked on "Submit Details".  The only question it asked was if I was the sole owner.  Since I am, there were no other questions.  I'd assume if there were additional owners, you might have to answer more questions.

Highlighted
2 0 4

Hello All!

This is my first time on a board! So I received this email as well, just a few moments ago. I didn't see any banner, then found this board. I logged out of Shopfiy and logged back in, not through the email link, and there was the banner. It is yellow and in the top middle portion of the screen. You will see it under the section that says, "Here’s what’s happening with your store today." I hope this helps everyone. 

Highlighted
1 0 0

That is not helpful.  Click on what banner?  How come you don't include a link to the form in your response?  I also got the email asking me to complete the form and cannot find the form.  Please attach link to the form. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 4

I certainly apologize for not being helpful.. As I said, I am new to forums and not really sure what to do, just wanted to share the information I had found out.. Since I have already completed the task, it is not longer available. If it matters, I did log in on a PC and not a mobile device. 

I hope that someone is able to be more helpful to you...

Highlighted
1 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Sorry for the rant, could Shopify be less helpful?  

I'm so disappointed in their customer service; do they not monitor this channel?

20 minutes searching,  I finally found the banner. 

https://  [your url]   .myshopify.com/admin

See attached. It asked for my SSN, I put in my EIN; we'll see if it takes it.shopify bannershopify banner

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I found this same thing.  

I wasn't in the right spot before.  I was at a page that just had a general and security tab.  I thought that was where it wanted me to be.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I would not be so confident that you can solve this so easily.

Having got the same message, some documentation was uploaded as seemed necessary (it asked for utility bill as proof of address or something).

However, without warning, and before the cut-off date, payments to us have been stopped.

You probably already know how hard it is to contact "Support", but we are stuck like this for the moment.

Renate_von_Dreu_0-1603102818592.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

We too received the email asking us to confirm details by the 20th.

I did click and submit however, we are also at the point now where "your shopify payments are on hold whilst your account is being verified" 

I've no idea if we are just awaiting a confirmation back from shopify that we're all good, or if there is something further that we need to do...

This is worrying for a small business like ours - please update us shopify!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
20 0 18

Hi, I am having the same type of issue and have reached out to support, I received a generic response from a risk analyst stating that I do not need to do anything and I will be contacted if required.  I still have the red banner on my back office showing "The type of document you submitted was not accepted. Please submit a passport or driver's license for ID verification, or a utilities bill for address verification."  This is strange as it is asking for a "Business registration document".  I have already supplied " Photo Driving License, utilities bill, business registration certificate, business premises license, and a business rates statement from the council.  My address is also correct at companies house.  I am unsure as to what more I can do.  If my website has a payment block on it will be catastrophic to my business in already trying times.

0 Likes