Got charged while pausing the store.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Shopify Experts,

I wanted to close my store since I couldn't see much sales in the past few months and I saw the option to pause the store for free for 3 months, so I went ahead and clicked on it. Immediately after, I got the error saying Contact Support and then post that, an SMS charging me $29. Could anyone assist on why that happened? I would like to get assistance on refund for that please. I want to close my store now instead of pausing it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
100 7 12

Hey @harish12,

This is Finley from the Social Care team at Shopify!

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you received a charge you weren't expecting.

When you move to the fully paused plan, this allows you to step away from your store for free for three months.

However, any pending charges would be payable when you make the switch. These charges could be from a third-party app from the Shopify app store, shipping label fees, or transaction fees if you use a third-party payment provider.

To know for certain, I'd need to take a look at your account. To get you authenticated, I've sent an email to your Shopify Community email address. Please reply there so we can find out where this charge is coming from

Shopify Resources

I'd also love to know more about the reasons behind why you're sales may have been low in the last few months. Have you had much traffic to your store?

Have you had the chance to explore the free resources we offer to help you up-level your business? Shopify Compass is my favorite resource for video courses, tutorials, and live workshops. There is always new content added, and you can learn many important subjects, from marketing to goal setting.

If you're interested in listening to something while you're on the go, we also have our podcasts that you may be interested in.

I hope these resources help! As mentioned, I've been in touch over email so we can continue our discussion there.

Cheers,

Finley | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes