Growing use of Shopify by scammers

Highlighted
1 0 0

I noticed on Facebook an incredible activity of scammers at the moment.

here an example among many: https://wfkbkw.myshopify.com/products/rej

The technique is always the same: rip off all assets of a highly valuable brand product, sell is as it was your own, and offer it at a ridiculous fraction of the real price. Take the money and run. Do it again.  

This is highly damaging for the reputation of serious vendors using Shopify, as well as for Shopify themselves.

Doing nothing against that, not talking about Facebook who makes A LOT of money out of this scheme, is IMO being an accomplice of these offenses. Curious to know if more people have noticed and how we can contribute to stopping this as much as possible. FYI, when signaling those ads to Facebook, they only offer to mask them to you, to let this juicy business continue !!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2680 190 424

Hi @ae2006,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Thanks for reaching out about this. Shopify takes these potential fraud stores very seriously. I am sorry to hear this has happened to all of you after ordering from this store but there is definitely a course of action you can take to help you here. The first thing I would always suggest is to reach out to the store directly but since this doesn’t seem to be possible as they are closed, your best step is to reach out to your bank directly about this if you have made an order. Your bank will have measures in place for you to follow in this case and will be able to help you in relation to the payment made from your account. 

We do also have an FAQ community post going through all the details of this process which you might find useful. In it, there is somewhere where you can report stores you want to file a complaint against. You can see this topic here as well as a screenshot of what the complaint section looks like below. 

20-03-l3w3g-ptyt6

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes