Guidance Required: Good Traffic Low Sales

Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi :)

Your help and guidance are required to solve the low conversion issue. Let me state the store insights:

Category Beauty Brands

www.urbanbeauty.pk

Conversion Rate 0.51%

Only Weekend Sales

No Sales on Weekdays

Bounce Rate: <40%

Daily Visitors 300-400

Traffic Sources

Interest-based targeting traffic with Engaged Shoppers Behavior

Landing Page:

https://www.urbanbeauty.pk/collections/award-winning-cosmetics-brands

No Single Conversion From Facebook

15-16 conversions made from Instagram

Offers

We are offering Free Shipping

Price Discounts

Trust Badges are there

Sales Pop-up & Scarcity Triggers

Live chat - Facebook

Store Launch Date: 14 Days Ago

Please help to resolve the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
294 32 57

Hey, @urbanbeautypk

First of all, thanks for sharing all of this context and data. With your conversion rate at 0.51%, there is room for improvement there. When it comes to conversion rate optimization, there are a few points we want to address. Here are three main reasons a visitor may not be buying when they land on your store once they click through your ad.

1) Site and Ad User Experience

2) Quality of the lead (visitor)

3) Engagement Optimization

1) User experience. This includes things like page load speed, ease of use (find what they are looking for and reach checkout),  and store theme design. Ensuring your store loads quickly is crucial. So making sure that your pages don't go overboard with large, unnecessary images or videos.

•  I would also recommend segregating out your ads in further detail. I see that your landing page takes people to a "best sellers" collection. While this may seem useful, you want to be more specific with your ads. If someone is looking for make-up brushes, eyelash treatment, or skin treatment, it's better to create an ad tailored around each of these individual customer groups. That way you can send them to a landing page that is a specific collection and use ad copy that highlights the benefits of those specific products. This eliminates the need for your customer to sift through the other products they are not interested in. Showing the customer what they want and to the checkout as quickly as possible is key. More general "sale" style ads work for larger brands because they have already built that brand reputation and trust. 

•  The best way to optimize your ease of use in your store is by having organized navigation. Creating additional collections for your different types of products would be a great idea. Is a customer looking for a liquid or cream foundation? Liquid or pencil eyeliner? All of these options under your "Shop" tab will make it that much easier for your customers to find what they are looking for. We have a guide here that specifically goes over how to create a drop-down menu in your navigation. Next up, is store theme design. Websites have come a long way since the early days of the internet. You want to have a visually appealing website that looks professional and modern in today's standards.

2) Lead Quality (visitor). It's important to get people to click on your ads. But the key is to have the right people click on your ad. For example, if you are selling high-end makeup products at luxury prices you would be getting poor quality leads if you are using keywords such as "cheap" or "easy" or "free" in your ad copy. Although it will get you some clicks, it will be from people looking for cheap deals. Narrowing down your target audience to countries that match your store currency is also a good option.

•  While you're at it, feel free to check out our guide here that goes over the 6 different types of Facebook ads and when to use them.

3) Engagement. This is all about encouraging your visitors to take action. Leveraging a live chat app is an example of a high-impact approach to engage with shoppers on your site. Which I can see you already have. Many live chat tools let you target browsers on certain pages, after they've been on your site for a certain length of time, or even after they've arrived on your site through an email newsletter. Live chat also enables you to have direct conversations with your customers so you can answer and address customer concerns right when they're planning to buy.

•  Personally, I don't like to use pop-ups and other urgency apps that appear too aggressive. There is definitely a fine line between encouraging engagement and being too pushy. This is why I like to opt for subtle apps such as Cart Icon Shaker that turns your traditional cart icon into one that slightly wiggles and moves. It's a gentle way to let your customers know that it's a great time to buy!

I hope all of this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Thank you sir for your feedback.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @urbanbeautypk,

I just reviewed your store. You need to work on a few aspects to increase your sales.

Try Gmail Sponsored Promotions: Gmail Sponsored Promotions can deliver high volumes of conversions so you can give Gmail ads a try.

Create a sense of urgency: Creating a sense of urgency helps increase sales.

Build trust: Show off trust signals and customer testimonials to boost conversion. Customer testimonials and trust Signals help customers to feel more secure in their buying decision.

CTA to increase sales: You need a strong call to action to convince people to act.  Try using good CTA to increase conversion and sales.

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns.

A/B testing: Always try  A/B testing to see which version of the webpage is performing better for you and where you can improve conversion.

I hope you like my feedback! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 4

I won't add the the great general advice given by Shopify but I'm seeing that the HTTPS/Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate for your store is invalid. On Chrome, this basically means the store is inaccessible since Chrome warns when using a site with an invalid certificate.

Screen Shot 2019-11-02 at 9.59.16 AM.png

Something you'll need to fix immediately.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 4

My bad, must've been the wireless connection I had at the time. Can access the site no problem now. Not sure what was up.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
161 13 34

Hello @urbanbeautypk 

Welcome to Shopify! I hope you're doing well and are safe in these difficult times. I understand low sales can be frustrating. So I can share my own views here - hopefully this will be useful for you. 

1. The two main things to increase sales from a store layout point of view would be - trust or credibility and engaging your shoppers. 
  2. For trust - a couple of things you should take care of:
    1. Make sure you keep the popups to a minimum. The pop up at the bottom that shows new purchases keeps showing up even after I dismiss it. 
    2. I know it's tough initially, but add as many reviews or testimonials as possible. Especially with beauty products most shoppers want to use only those products which have amazing reviews. 
    3. You have almost all your products currently on sale. That's alright - but what you could do is add some variation. Like add some on 20% or 30% or a summer/end of season sale. Free testers or complimentary products are a great way of capturing attention too. There are apps on Shopify that let you do this easily. 
  3. To engage your users - I'd suggest add some blogs or insta posts in which you talk about beauty or skin care. This will improve brand awareness and also make improve your appeal to shoppers - it will show that the team has a lot of knowledge about what they are selling. 

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Garima

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes