HELP - I am trying to re add the instagram sales channel after removing it and nothing happens

Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi,

I had originally added the instagram sales channel and was not approved for selling on instagram. I then fixed what I think was the issue and removed the instagram channel so I could re-add it so it could be reviewed again (as there appears to be no other way to get instagram to review it again besides removing and starting again). Anyway, now that I have removed it as a sales channel I can't seem to add it back. When I add instagram as a sales channel I get redirected to a page that says 'the page you are looking for couldnt be found'.

So, what I am wondering is, does anyone know why this is happening, how can I get the Instagram sales channel back, or is there some sort of timeframe I need to wait before trying to add it again?

Any help or insights is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Gemma

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
660 35 77

Hi there Gemma!

Don here from Shopify. :)

The review and approval process is actually handled fully on the side of Instagram and not something we have any visibility or control over from here in Shopify.

If your store has not been approved for selling on Instagram there is currently no way to 'appeal' this decision for your Shopify store so Instagram's decision is final here.

That said, you should still be able to add the sales channel to your admin, even after rejection.

Could you try maybe adding it via another browser or device?

It would also be a good idea to clear your browser cache as issues like this can often be caused by cached data in your browser.

There are good guides on clearing your cache here you can check out.

Let us know if you continue to experience any issue with adding back that sales channel and we can take a look into your account directly here with you. :)

All the best!

Regards,
Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 1

Any updates on this?  Were you able to re-add Instagram?  I'm having the exact same issue you posted about/

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

No, basically instagram can deny you and there is no way to get in contact with them and get reassessed. I have fixed up any problems I think was causing the issue but there is no way to resubmit! So ridiculous and unfair!

0 Likes
2 0 1

After getting denied on Friday night I figured out a way and have it working now :) I originally was denied when working on Shopify from my desktop.  I uninstalled it.  Waited for like an hour.  Then went on my phone, I installed the Shopify app, and had the option to re-add the Instagram channel.  When I had previously tried re-adding it from my desktop it would install but have the denial message (basically the app was not resetting).  BUT from my phone, it basically started over and I was able to reapply.  After about 2 hours I got a message I was approved.

Try installing it from a phone or maybe even a different computer : ) Hope that can help some others. 

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 2

same here in 2019. Anyone found a solution?

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

I was able to re-submit using this tutorial

Thanks to the guy who posted it! 

https://www.shafquatarefeen.com/instagram-tag-products-shopify/

1 Like
2 0 0
I'm also unable to connect to Instagram shop though I've fixed the issue. Any suggestions? It seems to be a waste of time to Report A Problem as suggested. Thank you.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
This method allowed me to reinstall. Now I'm just waiting for approval. Thank you for the tip!
0 Likes