HELP - Kind of wishlist that connects to store locator and to form

Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hi everybody, 

I have a feature i would like to implement on my site (shop) and i think i need opinions/advice on paths to do it. 

Basically, i would like the user to be able (without being logged in) to choose up to 5 products in the catalog, and to add them to some kind of wishlist (it basically has the functions of a wishlist so lets call it so). Then, the user can go to his wishlist and confirm it, doing so, he/she is led to a store locator page, picks a store, and then fill in a form in which will be written:

Name, address, ecc

The 5 SKU's of the products he chose (automatically dragged from the whishlist)

Store locator he chose (automatically dragged from the store locator pick)

Then, clicking 'SEND', an email will be sent to us with all these informations. 

My main question is: how to drag from the wishlist page the IDs of the products and drag the store locator choice into a form? 

Is that something that looks possible or will it be very too complicated? Does an app already do that?

Thanks a lot to who may help

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Why would your customer want to do this? Can you explain your goals without focusing on ways to build it?

Do you want to let customers buy items and pick them up at one of your store locations?

Is the email a reminder to the customer or to your staff?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 3

Our goal is to give the possibility to our customer to choose up to 5 models of products (SKUs) from our shop, and then ship them to a store (close to where they live) to allow them to try these products, they will then eventually buy one of these products. This is why i would need to have that feature that allows the customer to create a 5 products list and then choose a store, so the final the email would be a sort of order that our staff receives to prepare and ship to the store chosen by the user. In this process, there would be no transaction directly on our shop but only offline at the store.

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

I think you will need custom development to accomplish this. 

A scrappy solution (to avoid paying for custom development) would be to add a ‘Try in Store’ button that links to a page. The page asks the customer to email a list of 5 items and to copy/paste store address.

for inspiration it might be worth studying https://trynow.io which is a slightly different use case.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 3

OK thank you very much. I am looking at 'TryNow' as it seems indeed quite interesting for my case. In case i had to pay for custom development, do you know if i can ask here on the shopify community? Or elsewhere?

Thanks a lot

0 Likes