What can fix my Shopify Liquid error issue?

IRV80
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello

Who can resolve my problem.

My whole page f#ucked up with this error thing.. on my header and footer but also on my product pages 😭😭

www.irvinns.com

Replies 99 (99)
Moars
Excursionist
25 1 9

Im also having store issues suddenly. My product tabs wont open anymore and other werid UI issues. I dont believe we changed anything and i cant find any coding differences in backup

shimmyshine
Visitor
1 0 0

Same issue, also cusomers cannot checkout properly so it's effecting sales. Hope they fix this soon!

vintagebyemma
Tourist
7 0 11

Hey! 

I've just been on my shop today and noticed that there is an error saying 'Liquid Error: Internal' on the top of every single page. 

I've also noticed that my Instafeed is no longer showing - so not sure if it's connected? I've uninstalled and installed and nothing is fixed - so really need some help. 

I'm using the theme debut and my shop is www.vintagebyemma.co.uk 

If anyone could check and help I'd really appreciate it!

Ohed007
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Hi, 

Kindly check the doc: https://community.shopify.com/c/Technical-Q-A/Liquid-Error-INTERNAL/m-p/1081747#U1081747

You will get the update here for the same issue

mattj0125
Tourist
4 0 1

same issue here, let me know if you had a reply to your solution! 🙂

MSFT
Tourist
7 0 3

I am suddenly getting 'Liquid error: internal' coming up on my stie https://makespaceforthis.com/ Does anyone know why this has just happened. My images are all greyed out and my trust badges are also greyed out. I havent touched any code. Thanks

ycann
Tourist
6 0 2

we have the same on multiple stores !!!!!! 

Landjäger
Tourist
9 0 3

I have the same problem www.landjaeger.ch

andrescho
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Same issue here

Ooopalala
Visitor
3 0 0

I've got it too!! 

letterfest
Tourist
10 1 6

We have also got issues - please fix this shopify.
Menu not working. Losing sales.

D_CO
Visitor
1 0 0

My website is completely unusable, navigation down, links not working, buy button broken, product layout a mess…Shopify please fix this now. This is costing us all income we’ve working hard for. You will also need to compensate all effected websites.

KarliB
Visitor
1 0 0

Same here what the hell is goinfg on!?

My site is unusable!

Can anyone please give us an update?

OmkarBare
Tourist
5 0 3

Hope shopify fixes it soon. Loosing lot's of money because of this errors 😞

Fishtogo
Visitor
1 0 1

Same here ! trying to contact support but no one is answering...

naturpur
Excursionist
21 0 2

What is going on? Nothing works!!! How can I earn money like that? I had no orders because of this this lunchtime... What can I do to solve the problem????

jordanweller
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

We have noticed an internal issue with our Shopify website. In the top left corner of the page a 'Liquid error: internal' error has appeared. All of our product filters and pages have stopped working.

Please advise? 

Thanks,

Jordan

ycann
Tourist
6 0 2

we have the same on many sites we changed nothing must be something general with SHOPIFY !!!!! 

andrescho
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Just got this from Shopify

"Yes, so this is currently listed as a known incident and our developers are working on a solution as we chat."

larsnico
Visitor
1 0 0

I have recently received such a message on my online store: Liquid error: internal and Liquid error (sections/footer.liquid line 158): internal

I did not change anything in the footer script, the error came today just like that.

The part of the script:

{%- if section.settings.show_payment_methods -%}
{%- capture payment_methods -%}
{%- for type in shop.enabled_payment_types -%}
<li class="HorizontalList__Item">{{ type | payment_type_svg_tag }}</li>
{%- endfor -%}
{%- endcapture -%}

LillyM
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having trouble with my theme. I received this error:

Liquid error (sections/footer.liquid line 261): internal

I really don't know how to fix this, or what It means. Does anyone have an idea, please?

ycann
Tourist
6 0 2

Many have this issue at the moment must be a general issue..... we have also on many sites
Preyanka_Clark1
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

We suddenly have a liquid error message appearing on our site - we didn't edit the code but did delete a few apps. Any idea how we can remove this message top left?

https://bloomtown.co.uk 

Thanks!

Preyanka_Clark1
Tourist
3 0 1

I see, glad to know it's being worked on, thanks everyone!

claudinesc
Excursionist
32 0 18

My website is all messed up! What's going on?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi everyone, this is a storefront issue for some stores. The team is aware and currently working on it right now. Please see the Shopify status page here for the latest updates

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

mattj0125
Tourist
4 0 1

I do hope I am going receive some compensation as this is effecting my sales! 

I think this speaks for everyone that has been affected!

Searley247
Visitor
2 0 2

It looks like this is all fixed now, my site seems to be working correctly.

Big thanks to the Shopify team/devs to resolve this so quickly, I truly appreciate it.

I hope the fix is working for everyone else too.

ChrisBeattie
Excursionist
41 0 14

Still showing the error on my site.

claudinesc
Excursionist
32 0 18

Still showing errors on some pages! 

https://petite-belle.com/collections/mini-rodini

IRV80
Tourist
4 0 2

Everything works!!! Thanks!

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

@Nick really need a way for posts like this to have a "see shopify post|responses" at top of thread.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

RyanColbear
4 0 0

Hi guys, our website is currently showing error messages at the top and bottom of our homepage. At the top it is showing "Liquid Error: Internal" And at the bottom it is showing "Liquid error (sections/footer.liquid line 93): internal"  There also seems to be a couple of apps not functioning properly. We believe this is because we removed an app this morning but no idea how to rectify it.

Would anybody be able to help us sort this issue? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kannan
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello, its a shopify issue and a lot of stores are experiencing this issue but they are working on a fix.

Tengosport
Tourist
10 0 3

Hello,

We are chatting with Shopify right now. This is a plattform wide issue and you are not alone. We are a huge Shopify site that by the minute are losing tens of K of revenue. Believe me, we are panicking just as much.. 

Let's keep this thread open and help each other. We also average 80 visitors at this time of the day and are at 3-4 right now but as you can see the shop actually seems to be working properly. We even made test orders. 

They are on it, they are aware and they are going to fix this.

chrisrenee
Visitor
1 0 0

Good morning. I am having the same problem!

IRV80
Tourist
4 0 2
Its a global issue

ThomasHolm
Visitor
2 0 1

It works for us now!

curvyclothing
Tourist
6 0 4

I dont think its fully fixed. the error still show on home page.

IanDesign
Shopify Partner
13 3 4

Hey everyone,

I posted this reply about 30 mins ago but it's not showing up yet so will try again with no images.

Temporary fix to hide the liquid error:internal message

1. Use an announcement banner with a dark background (#000000 or #111111)
  2. Add negative margin to the announcement bar wrapper. In prestige this is 5th line, the one with the class AnnouncementBar__Wrapper". You can find the announcement bar liquid file in themes --> edit code --> announcement.liquid (found under sections in Prestige, your theme may differ).
  3. Apply negative margin with an inline style. You can use style="margin-top:-24px" which will move your page up and cover their error message.

Hope this helps reduce the overall impact on sales from the error message. Posted before with screenshots but that post isn't showing so hopefully this one does.

Good luck!

Ian

IAN MICHIE
Shopify Design | Development
w: ianmichie.com
Silmar
Tourist
4 1 3

Now everything works fine.

curvyclothing
Tourist
6 0 4

some of the category links are working fine but homepage still show the error. i look at the other sites too and still showing those error. hope it will be fixed asap

IanDesign
Shopify Partner
13 3 4

Hey everyone,

This is the 3rd time I'm trying to post this. The previous two times Shopify marked my post as SPAM so hopefully this one gets through.

A temporary fix is to use negative margin in an inline style on a dark announcement banner. Use style="margin-top:-24px" on a dark announcement bar (the liquid file for the announcement bar is in edit code, usually in sections but your theme will differ). In my previous two posts I included screenshots and steps to do this but they were marked as spam so hopefully this post makes it.

Good luck!

Ian

IAN MICHIE
IanDesign
Shopify Partner
13 3 4

Hey everyone,

See the screenshot below for a fix. Once again, the post was marked as spam by Shopify. Sorry Shopify, was just trying to reduce the impact your error message is having on your customers.

Screen Shot 2021-03-01 at 23.18.46.png

IAN MICHIE

ThomasHolm
Visitor
2 0 1

Same problem with our website Evermento 😞.

Hope the issue will be fixed ASAP.

supplier-tokyo
Visitor
1 0 0

same

There are errors everywhere in the store

hazeDEE567
Excursionist
27 0 0

mine is doing this too! woke up and saw it at the top of my site!

hazeDEE567
Excursionist
27 0 0

and I just checked 3 other shops I know that use Shopify and their sites have the same!

bongfooodie
Excursionist
21 0 10

Phew! Initially I thought that it is just me... 

https://india4local.com/

bongfooodie

IanDesign
Shopify Partner
13 3 4

Hey everyone,

I noticed the error message on my client's site about 2 hours ago like everyone else.

Here is a quick fix to hide their error message so hopefully it doesn't effect sales too much while Shopify fixes the problem:

1. Use an announcement banner with a dark background (#000000 or #111111) (easier to hide neatly with the announcement banner)
  2. Go to the announcement banner liquid file - themes --> edit code --> find announcement.liquid or something like that. Probably in sections but your theme may differ.
  3. Use negative margin on the announcement bar wrapper or container. In Prestige, you want to put an inline style on the 5th line of code with the class "AnnouncementBar__Wrapper". Just use style="margin-top:-24px" for the moment which moves your page up and above the error message for the moment.

See the screenshots attached.

Hope this helps for the moment while we wait for Shopify to sort it out.

Good luck!
Ian

5th line for Prestige.5th line for Prestige.Here you can see the error message when I remove the negative margin.Here you can see the error message when I remove the negative margin.With the negative.With the negative.

IAN MICHIE