HELP PLEASE

Mikevevans
4 0 0

I just made my first sale on my website. My bank account is attached, and $20 got taken out for manufacturing (which is normal). However, I have not gotten paid yet in my bank account! The customer used a Chase card to purchase it, does it take a few days for the transaction or be instant? Because it says “paid” and shipped on the website. Please help

0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
893 57 137

Hey, @Mikevevans!

I'm Ava from Shopify, I'd like to help you out here.

Can I ask if you know which payment gateway the customer used? It could be possible that the customer used a gateway like PayPal to pay for the order, so you'd need to log into your PayPal account to get those funds. This is an example of an order that was placed using the Shopify Payments gateway:

17-02-60802-73916

You can see that the funds were added to a payout that is sent to the bank account linked in the admin after 1-2 business days. However, your order section may say the order was processed using PayPal, or a gateway like WorldPay or 2Checkout. 

If you haven't set up a gateway yet, the order may have gone through via PayPal. When you first start a Shopify store, we create a placeholder PayPal account for you under the email account you used to sign up. Have you gone to Settings >Payment Providers and added PayPal, then added your own PayPal account rather than this placeholder one? If the PayPal account was changed after the sales were made, the funds may be in the placeholder account. You would just need to complete set up of that account to access the finds! Could you check the email account listed as the account owners and see if there are any emails from PayPal asking you to complete account set up?

I'm sure we can find those funds for you!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Mikevevans
4 0 0
The customer used Apple Pay as his gateway. Also, my manufacturer is
PrintFul, funds are being taken out of my bank account everytime somebody
orders for manufacturing by Printful, but the profit is not being added to
my account. Does it take a few days for the profit to be added to my
account?
0 Likes
Ava
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
893 57 137

Ah, I see! Thank you for confirming!

If the customer used Apple Pay as their gateway, then the funds from the order would show up in a payout over the next few business days. Apple Pay would fall under Shopify Payments, as one of the requirements of enabling Apple Pay is that you are using Shopify Payments on your store already. When setting up Shopify Payments, you can select a number of digital wallets like Apple Pay that offer an accelerated checkout experience. Other examples would be Google Pay, Shop Pay and Amazon Pay

Orders that are paid for using these digital wallets will have the funds captured at checkout, then added to a Shopify Payments payout. That payout will then be sent to your account after a few days depending on your location. There is a guide here that will go over the length of time the payout will take based on your location. So if you were based in Canada for example, the payout will take 3 days to be sent to your account, and then may take a further 1-2 days for your bank to receive, process and deposit the funds into your account. Funds from orders placed on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are grouped and sent together as one payment.

If you'd like to view your current and pending payouts, you can do so in the admin. You can go to Settings > Payments, and from the Shopify Payments section, click the View payouts button. The Payouts page displays your previous and next payout.

If you would prefer to be paid on a certain day every week/month rather than as the orders come in, you can set up a payout schedule to choose what day or date you'd like to always be paid on. There is a guide here that will walk you through the process!

I'm sure the funds will show up soon if they haven't already. If you still can't see the funds being deposited, do let me know so we can chat further.

Speak soon! 

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes