Solved

HELP Please BUSINESS VERIFICATION Upload a copy of a valid business registration document.

william33
Tourist
4 0 2

On My Home Page i Have This > To continue using Shopify Payments, you need to submit a business registration document in order to verify your business.

So i Submit a JPG Copy of my Business Registration in Australia from ASIC then i get this msg

The ID number on the document you submitted does not match the ID number on your account. Please submit a document with the same ID number, or update the ID number on your account.

How do i update this ID Number ?

Is the ID Number my Business Registration Number ?

Any help how to resolve this would be appreciated 

William

Accepted Solution (1)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @william33,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! What you've described here is account specific which we're unable to support on a public thread via the Shopify Community. When you have a moment, please contact our live chat, email or callback support here so we can authenticate your account and take a closer look into this with you.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 8 (8)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @william33,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query! What you've described here is account specific which we're unable to support on a public thread via the Shopify Community. When you have a moment, please contact our live chat, email or callback support here so we can authenticate your account and take a closer look into this with you.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

william33
Tourist
4 0 2

Hello Ted as the link you posted unfortunately is dead and we can not find any email or live help support for Shopify to help us with this issue we have had to disable Shopify Payments for now as i will not have payments placed on Hold when there is nobody on shopify you can even contact

If you can send me a working email or Live Help Link please post for us thankyou.

William

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi, @william33!

Thanks for letting me know and sorry about that, I've fixed the link for you there but feel free to click here again.

If you ever lose that link, our live chat, email and callback support can be accessed 24/7 via our Help Centre. Just click Support > Contact Support in the main menu as shown in this video example

Please let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks, 

william33
Tourist
4 0 2

Thankyou Ted for the Video showing how to find Live Help 

Andu
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same issue did you manage to sort it out brother?

william33
Tourist
4 0 2

I got onto Live Help and someone from Shopify sent me a email where i uploaded ID and documents then they sorted the issue out

Zekee
Visitor
1 0 0

Thanks for the link. I now have the same problem, I have uploaded the documents several times, and each time they are rejected. It isn't easy in my case because I do not personally own any business. It isn't easy in my case because I do not personally own any business. I work for the company https://www.westgateresorts.com/blog/20-meeting-planners-nyc/, and this account is in my name, but for the company. I had no idea what I could do, I talked to other people, and they told me that it would be best to email and explain the situation. I hope I will not have to close the account because our company needs it.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

Hi @Zekee,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. As Ted touched on above, the best way to look into this further is to contact our support team by logging in and following the steps here. By logging in first it will help speed up your time to speaking to someone as you would be verified then. We're unable to look into account specific queries such as this via the community for verfiication purposes. Something to note is that it does need to be the account owner on Shopify to upload the documents. Most companies need individuals who own 25% or more of the company or people considered beneficial owners (executive like CEO, senior managers, treasurers etc). With that in mind, if you are one of those then contacting our support and explaning would be the best way, if not, it could be worth having the business owner set things up on the Shopify side of things and have you as a staff member running the account then. 

I also noticed the link you provided is to a blog and not a Shopify store. Do you have a store also, or is this the correct link?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.