HELP!! "Your cart has been updated and the previous shipping rate isn’t valid. Select a new rate."

Highlighted
4 0 0

I loose customers please help me asap! 

I have free shipping on all orders on my website, but when you add something to the cart, goes back, and add something again, you get this message: "Your cart has been updated and the previous shipping rate isn’t valid. Select a new rate._"

Please help me fix this error ASAP, see my printscreens:

Skärmavbild 2020-06-13 kl. 21.17.06.png

I notice in my abandon carts app, this is very unusual:

Skärmavbild 2020-06-13 kl. 21.19.30.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Anyone?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

,I would love to know the answer to this one too.

I have set up profiles with flat rates for products. Using Printify products only.

Rates are correct but this message  will chase people away. Did you find the answer?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

hoping someone from Shopify can please help

let me explain whats happening 

we have set free shipping over £30

and £2.99 shipping for all orders under £30

if a customer goes to checkout with £29 worth of goods they can check out fine 

if customer now decides to amend basket and add an item going over £30

then the "Your cart has been updated and the previous shipping rate isn’t valid. Select a new" appears 

same happens when a customer has a cart of over £30 and removes an item lowering total cart cost to below £30.

so the issue seems to be with the two services clashing as when the set price for free shipping is crossed the available shipping methods change.

i dont think it will cause customers to leave as they just have to select the newly available service, but some might as many will get confused .

think it just clashes as postal services change accordingly based on basket total...

message kinda pointless can we please just get rid of it ? 

instead of automatically adjusting the available postage fees and services automatically we keep on getting this message 

updated cart from 1 item to 4 items crossing free postage threshold of £30, same happens if i begin the order say with total basket over £30 and then removing itemsupdated cart from 1 item to 4 items crossing free postage threshold of £30, same happens if i begin the order say with total basket over £30 and then removing items

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

so this happens everytime someone amends their cart and postage fees change, went on shopify help chat and it was resolved in mins

while we cannot get rid of the message we can change it to anything we want 

in theme / theme editor / actions / edit languages / search for " Checkout shipping errors " and change annoying message to something that wont alarm your customers 

we changed it to ;

you've updated your items in your cart, here's your updated shipping options : ) 

boom

0 Likes