HIGH TRAFFIC -NO SALES - HELP NEEDED

2 0 1

hello! I have just set up my first store. I am running Facebook ads and I am getting really good traffic like 200+ per day but got only 1 sale in 3 days. I am newbie to e-commerce and could somebody please help me out to find a reason of what I am doing wrong? Thanks a lot

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
246 9 39

Hi, Terrance. 
Morgan here from the Social Media team at Shopify. 

Thanks for reaching out in the forums for some insight and suggestions for your stores conversion rates. Right off the bat I am interested to see what your bounce rate looks like. A bounce rate is the percentage of visitors who navigate away from the site after viewing only one page. A high bounce rate (usually above 57%) means that your site is not giving a good first impression. It’s especially harmful when you’re investing in advertising. A user may "bounce" because of poor design, unmet expectations or targeting the wrong demographic.

To find out the bounce rate of your site you can go into your Admin> Analytics> Reports> Session by Referrer> Edit columns> Bounce rate. 

Higher bounce rates and low conversions after running ads can usually be associated with general stores a lot of the time. This is due to the fact that general stores have a hard to targeting a proper audience as customers who are interested in car parts and household items may not be the same as those interested in fashion and makeup. Also, people tend to not buy these items on the same websites, but rather more specialty or niche stores. Have you considered creating more of a niche or focusing on one industry for your store?

In terms of your site design, I don't see any red flags off the bat. I do suggest delaying the popup though, so it isn't the first thing customers see when they reach your site. This may lead to customers clicking away before seeing what you are offering. 

I highly recommend reading over this guide on niche stores vs. general stores and the improvements you may see if you pivot/narrow in your shops product line.

Let me know if you have any questions on these ideas! 

Cheers, 
Morgan F 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 1

Hi, thank you for response. Our bounce rate is very high - almost 75%. How do we improve this situaton?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
15 0 2

Hi Terrance K,

I'm just checked your store and it's very cool and well-designed one. As I see you're using a general store (This kind of store main purpose is to test the winning product if you are). Morgan has defined the meaning of bounce rate so I will not repeat her. Also, I will go straight to the point what you need to do in order to sell (bounce rate can wait).

1. You have visitor doesn't mean they will buy:

Since a general store is very competitive (you're competing with Amazon maybe) so your customer won't by the first time they go to your store. They can search and look for the best price or a trusted one. Or you will get irrelevant traffic (that's why bounce rate is high) or even they go into your store just to check your product (low conversion). These things won't happen to niche store since they have buying intent.

Solution: Open a niche store start with your winning product (keep the general store), try to rank in SERPS for each product, or using Google Ads. Hard work pays off.

2. Increase your product range:

Your product range is something you must focus every day to grow your general store, spy on Amazon and see what is the best selling one, Kickstarter, Google Trend, list them on your store. Your visitor might not interested in your target items but maybe they will buy your trendy one.

3. A/B testing your Facebook Audiences:

I think to decrease the bounce rate is to optimizing your visitor. Keep A/B testing your audience, look-a-like customers who actually buy. etc...

4. Take a look on your customer journey:

With proper analytics tool, you will know where and why customer drop-off, optimize every step to keep your customer stay in. You can check out Ecomfit, this tool has Conversion Funnel, Product Performance, Smart Suggestion for you to start optimizing. The good thing is it free so you can start easily.

5. Where is your live chat button?

Do you know a general store can x8 conversion rate with a good customer support only? With a single tool like Facebook chat box can easily make your store seem trustful. Maybe you can get some insight from your customers' questions too.

Your store has potential, just don't quit and keep learning, you will find your success!

Cheers!

Emma

Customer Success @Ecomfit

Get actionable E-commerce tracking with Ecomfit app - http://tiny.cc/detail-ecomfit
0 Likes
4 0 0

Selling on amazon gives you a captured audience that is ready to buy and its very easy to set up! With optimized listings, you can scale your profits by advertising on amazon using branded and relevant search terms. I specialize in Amazon selling/advertising. If you want to get more info, please send me an email: miranda@pidapi.com.

Happy selling!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
100 6 12

Hey @Terrance_K,

I loved your store. Astounding products. Before wasting all your money on facebook ads learn that your site doesn't convert your traffic sales—You need to validate your website before you spend money on traffic (ads). You need to make your store ready for engagement. Make sure your store is ready to capture and engage new visitors. If not then you may end up losing all your money. Because if you’re seeing a good amount of traffic but it’s not translating into sales, it may indicate there’s something about your site that’s not convincing customers to go through with a purchase.

• Yes, banner and pop-up can help you generate extra revenue through your company website. And make sure that you delay it to one minute to give your customers a bit more time to look around the homepage. Conversion rates for pop ups are high and most surprising discovery is that the pop up doesn't increase bounce rate at all. This is ample time for your audience to get hooked by your content, whilst also being quick enough to catch skimmers before they leave.
  • Display reviews and testimonials, Whether you’ve got Google reviews, Facebook ratings, or simply positive comments that customers have emailed to you, make sure you creatively showcase them on your store. You can create a seperate review page. I would recommend you to add a button on your homepage so that every new visitor can get a glance.
  • Create an engaging and interactive website. I see engagement missing in your store. I would love to suggest you what more can be added in order to boost up your sales and low down your bounce rate.
  • Chatbot- Chatbots in your business is that they save time. For instance, when used on your website they can provide fast, automated answers to most questions.This will engage your customers and prevent customers from waiting for a day or longer to receive responses as they would have in the past.

You need to start focusing on your "website engagement and interaction". No matter how much effort you put on your store but everything will go in vain if you are not able to capture your visitors on the website. Email me at support@aitrillion.com, I also have some other suggestions & productive feedback in order to overcome this situation of lackluster results.

In Fact let me know your availability and we can schedule a direct call and discuss in detail on how we can work on increasing engagement on your store.

Regards,

Aitrillion.

Aitrillion is a SAAS based integrated marketing platform with 8+ powerful customer touch points powered with automation specially made to meet the need of ecommerce store owners which will help them to increase customer engagement, retention & conversions.
With this intellegent marketing cloud Ecommerce sellers can orchestrate campaigns across channels like push, email, in-app messaging, and, with auto-optimization towards higher conversions powered by machine learning.

98,000+ Merchant Network Across 175+ Countries.
78M+ Online Buyers Analyzed & Ranked.
Connect & Know Your Customer's Rank Today.
Try 14 days for free.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
100 6 12

Hey @Terrance_K,

Also could you share your store URL so that I can be personalised with my suggestions.

Regards,

Aitrillion.

Aitrillion is a SAAS based integrated marketing platform with 8+ powerful customer touch points powered with automation specially made to meet the need of ecommerce store owners which will help them to increase customer engagement, retention & conversions.
With this intellegent marketing cloud Ecommerce sellers can orchestrate campaigns across channels like push, email, in-app messaging, and, with auto-optimization towards higher conversions powered by machine learning.

98,000+ Merchant Network Across 175+ Countries.
78M+ Online Buyers Analyzed & Ranked.
Connect & Know Your Customer's Rank Today.
Try 14 days for free.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 4

Hi, I'm in the same boat as I have good traffic but no sales. Struggling to find the reason why or what else I can do to convert traffic to sales. Would you mind taking a look and providing some insight please? 

CeeSmartDeals.com

0 Likes