How can you sort your orders by product?
It seems pretty strange you can sort by date, amount, fulfillment, status, etc. But you can't sort your orders by product?
If I need to see how many products sold last night or are unpaid, I can't see what product they purchased or quantity.
Would be a very helpful feature to be able to sort by product, especially if you are trying to fulfill one product or process orders for one product and have several orders in the back end.
You can see orders on the product level in Reports.
If you're on the basic plan you can use Google Analytics (free) and go Ecommerce and check sales by product.
There's not a way to sort by product, here are some ideas for more precise filtering:
1) You can use quotes in the search filter for exact matches, like if you're searching for a product with beer in the title search "beer" (including quotes).
2) For groups of products you can apply tags to the order. For example if you sell men's and women's shirts and want to filter orders with them, you can add the tag "shirts" to the order, then you can filter all orders with that tag.
You can also bookmark your filtered searches for quick access.
For example, going to your-store.myshopify.com/admin/orders?tag=shirts will automatically bring up all orders tagged "shirts"
My app Order Automator can auto tag orders based on product conditions so you don't have to manually do it.
3) If you're wanting to see a preview of the products in each order in the orders list page, you could build a custom app so you'd have an Orders like dashboard with it looking / functioning exactly how you'd like, and you could fulfill orders from there too.
Seems like #1 or #2 would be a worthy solution but you can access your shops data with the Shopify API, so you can build just about anything you want.
I hope those ideas help. If you're still having trouble finding the right solution and want custom functionality give me a shout, I like building stuff.
Thank you, Joe! I was hoping there was a way to filter orders by product too, but the search function will get the job done for now. I'll check out your order automator tool as well.
We also have an app similar to Joes ^^ (your app looks good Joe) called Order Tagger which allows you to create rules and tag orders if certain products either are or are not within the order.
If you'd also like to apply these rules to the existing orders in your store, then we have a backdating service that will retro tag all matching orders. Our backdating service is an additional cost based on the number of orders that we need to process (not the number of rules that you define).
Hope that helps anyone looking to backdate tags on their orders.
I've figured out one way. It's not sorting within the general list of orders, but:
1. Go to your product file.
2. Find the option 'Inventory history'. For products without variants, it should be at the top right of the product quantity panel. For variants, select a variant and click 'Edit' on the right next to the variant. A new page will open, and there will be the same option next to the inventory field.
3. In "Inventory history" it will show you all the changes to the inventory -- most of them will be orders. Each order will have a link next to it to view it in the orders section.
Hope this helps!