HOW TO SORT ORDERS BY PRODUCT

Highlighted
2 0 9

How can you sort your orders by product?

It seems pretty strange you can sort by date, amount, fulfillment, status, etc. But you can't sort your orders by product?

If I need to see how many products sold last night or are unpaid, I can't see what product they purchased or quantity.

Would be a very helpful feature to be able to sort by product, especially if you are trying to fulfill one product or process orders for one product and have several orders in the back end.

5 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
866 72 203

You can see orders on the product level in Reports.

If you're on the basic plan you can use Google Analytics (free) and go Ecommerce and check sales by product.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 9
I’m not looking to see analytics.

I’m talking about on the order page. There should be an option to sort by product. If you have several products and are trying to fulfill those orders by product, seeing them in google analytics or reports doesn’t allow you to manage them like you can on the order page.

Similar to how we can select “unpaid” orders. We should have the functionality to sort by product. Not all businesses fulfill orders by fifo.
4 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3

did you end up finding an answer to your question? Trying to do the same... thanks!

3 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
866 72 203

There's not a way to sort by product, here are some ideas for more precise filtering:

1) You can use quotes in the search filter for exact matches, like if you're searching for a product with beer in the title search "beer" (including quotes).

2) For groups of products you can apply tags to the order. For example if you sell men's and women's shirts and want to filter orders with them, you can add the tag "shirts" to the order, then you can filter all orders with that tag.

You can also bookmark your filtered searches for quick access.

For example, going to your-store.myshopify.com/admin/orders?tag=shirts will automatically bring up all orders tagged "shirts"

My app Order Automator can auto tag orders based on product conditions so you don't have to manually do it.

3) If you're wanting to see a preview of the products in each order in the orders list page, you could build a custom app so you'd have an Orders like dashboard with it looking / functioning exactly how you'd like, and you could fulfill orders from there too. 

Seems like #1 or #2 would be a worthy solution but you can access your shops data with the Shopify API, so you can build just about anything you want.

I hope those ideas help. If you're still having trouble finding the right solution and want custom functionality give me a shout, I like building stuff.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 3
thank you!!
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you, Joe! I was hoping there was a way to filter orders by product too, but the search function will get the job done for now. I'll check out your order automator tool as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Definitely need this option!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
31 0 2

We also have an app similar to Joes ^^  (your app looks good Joe) called Order Tagger which allows you to create rules and tag orders if certain products either are or are not within the order.

If you'd also like to apply these rules to the existing orders in your store, then we have a backdating service that will retro tag all matching orders. Our backdating service is an additional cost based on the number of orders that we need to process (not the number of rules that you define).

Hope that helps anyone looking to backdate tags on their orders.

Order and Customer Tagger apps for Shopify
0 Likes