HOW? - To submit/report bug to Shopify Support?

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello All,

I am fairly new to Shopify platform, however I found couple of bugs in Shopify.

I followed suggesting for bug submission and checked out Shopify Support , however I could not find a way to actually submit a bug ... there is nothing like a user bug management system etc. I might miss something ... so I would appreciate  pointers. 

I would like to officially submit bugs and would like to see outstanding list of issues/bugs with particular themes/sections etc.   

Thanks all

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 51 152

Hi, @sushipanda!

Julie here from Shopify.

First off, I really appreciate your commitment to making Shopify better! If you have a bug that you'd like to share with us, you can submit a report to our support team via the link here

If you have discovered a security issue please report it via our bug bounty program here.  

That being said, what kind of bugs have you discovered? If you can share a bit of information about them, I'd be happy to pass this along to our technical team as well.

All the best, Julie 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
38 1 3

Hi @Julie

Working remotely from Mongolia ~ code.zolbayar.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 51 152

Hey, @Zolbayar!

Thanks for joining in on the conversation. I've just gone ahead and updated the links in my previous response, so both of those should now be accessible. 

I also want to thank you for flagging your forum post with me. The Shopify APIs & SDKs board you posted in is the perfect place to share these types of questions, as it is constantly monitored by Shopify Experts, Partners, and developers. That being said, it does look like this is something that has been raised before, as per this post and this post and it sounds like this is expected behaviour. Feel free to take a look at those posts for further context and follow up there should you have any questions.

Thanks again! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Julie you said you had updated links but the link to help.shopify.com still provides no way to report a bug.

I found a bug that is affecting my business and presumably others. (Different from the one @Zolbayar was concerned with.)  HOW DO I ACTUALLY REPORT IT?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
687 51 152

Thanks for hopping into the conversation, @NearCountry.

You can submit bugs via our Bug Bounty Program, where you may be eligible for a monetary reward. To clarify, the link you're referring to will direct you to the Shopify Help Center, where you can get in touch with our Shopify Support team. Keep in mind that you will need to enter a search phrase in the "Ask about a topic" field before you'll be presented with contact options towards the bottom of the page.

However, if you do believe you've discovered a bug, then submitting it through the Bug Bounty program as mentioned above will be your best course of action. 

What kind of bug did you discover? If you can provide some details here, I'll also be happy to loop in our developers. 

Thank you!

0 Likes