Hacker cloned my store.

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

I have an ecommerce shopify store. I created it one year ago. I found my store in another domain. Someone bought a domain last week and 100% cloned my store. He hosted the store in a Virtual private server. He also synced my store with his store. When I add product to my original store then it is automatically add to the fake store. And same for the delete. I submited a DMCA Takedown notice here : https://www.shopify.ca/legal/dmca . Now how can I removed the sync ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 53 125

Hi, Mohammad. 

Dallas here from Shopify Social Care. 

For this issue, I am going to have to send it over to a specific team. I have sent you an email to the email address attached to this forum account. If you could reply back from the account owner email on file that will be great. 

I will list the other things that I need to be sent over in that email as well. Please keep an eye out for it. 

If you don't see it in the next 24 hours please check your Spam folder.

Best,
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Dallas,

I replied from my account owner email 2 days ago, but still I did n't get any solutions.

Thanks Imranul.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 53 125

Hi, Imranul,

I have sent you an email. If you don't see it in your inbox please let me know!

Best,

Dallas

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Help, this happened to me too in the last 30days.

I've reported it to their domain registrar and submitted a copyright claim to Shopify but what else do I need to do? Why are they doing this?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Hey, I was wondering if this is messing up your SEO?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

No it isn't but it's recent and all my existing content was already indexed with canonicals. I'm not interested in the SEO side of things, it's getting this cloned site taken down so it doesn't harm the brand or worse that's the concern.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Shopify responded to me and said, very bluntly, that they won't do anything because they don't host the domain! 

The rogue site is hosted with DigitalOcean, LLC and registrar for the domain is Namecheap so submitted abuse reports with both of these two but heard nothing back yet.

The rogue site looks like a mirror.

Any other advice or anyone else at Shopify other than their unhelpful legal department that might be able to help with this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Taking it down would probably be the best idea!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Taking what down? I'm obviously not going to take my site down and have no control over their site? I've flagged the issue with their registrar, their host, trading standards and still awaiting a response from all those parties. I tried with Shopify but they weren't helpful despite everyone saying Shopify will help you get it taken down, so posted on here to let others know that they won't unless it's hosted with themselves.

0 Likes