Having a variant option without having to put images?

Aiturtle
2 0 0

Hey guys,

Hoping somebody here can help or offer some advice. My products have ‘size’ as a variant option, however the images do not need to change for size as it is the same image used for each of the three different sizes offered. 

Is there any way I can keep ‘size’ as a variant option without having to upload multiples of the same image for each of the different sizes?

Shopify suggested I have a drop down box for ‘size’ and keep the swatch images for my other variant options but I’m not sure how to do that or if it’s possible with my theme (Retina from Out of the Sandbox). I’ve contact OOTS for advice but as it’s the end of the week I think it’ll be a while before I hear back. Would love any advice if someone knows about this in the meantime- thank you!

0 Likes
Jivan_Suhagiya
Shopify Partner
468 63 97

Hi,
Its super easy, just assign same images to variant from product by clicking on image icon.

Jivan_Suhagiya_0-1613811693921.png

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: suhagiyajivan1992@gmail.com
First kind of Checkout Reminder APP: https://apps.shopify.com/checkout-reminder
0 Likes
Aiturtle
2 0 0

Hey Jivan,

Thanks so much for the response. Yes that's what I initially did but I ended up having to assign 90 images instead of just 30 (as I have to assign each image three different times to the three different sizes). I don't mind the work in doing that but I feel it is making the variant images on my product pages load really slowly. I tried to duplicate one of my products and deleted 'size' as a variant option (so the product only had 30 images assigned instead of 90) and the images loaded much quicker when testing the speed out. Just trying to figure out how to decrease the lag between loading the variant images for customers. It seems if I only assign 1/3 of the images then the images load much faster. Not sure if there is a workaround for this but thank you for your help

0 Likes