Having problems connecting my shopify store to Facebook/Instagram

Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm in the SAME BOAT. I want to participate in Shopify and social media but it's like the world doesn't want me to.... I've followed all the steps to verify, yet still show Instagram has REJECTED my shopify integration. This is too challenging for small businesses with limited tech staff!!! Help!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

I’m having the same issue. I have a .myshopify.com and they keep asking me to verify my domain and that in need to appeal.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@Annabelle1  I am having this same issue. We have spent weeks talking to facebook and shopify and we are just running around in circles. We are a small business run by two people and the HOURS we have spent on this are hours we dont have! I know you understand! Thanks for replying to the forum so others can try to help themselves through this. Can you please explain what you mean by disconnect from Facebook? Our domain is verified on Facebook and our Commerce shop is connected and our catalog works. However we have been rejected from Instagram shopping and cannot tag products or sell anything via that channel. I will say, we use one domain to sell our items on shopify https://the-saved-collection.myshopify.com/ and then we have our own owned domain that we use to communicate what we do with clients. https://www.thesavedcollection.com/ 

Any advice you got along the way would or can give us would be SO appreciated! We are about to give up and move our websites around

Thanks,

Allie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Nope. It's been 6 weeks, and Facebook is still giving me either 1. no response or 2. autoresponder. It's very frustrating. They are horrible to deal with. They are such a big company, you would think that they have the means to support a live customer service team. Unfortunately, they have you over a barrel because they own instagram. I am so disgusted with all of this at this point. Had I known the runaround that I would get trying to implement shoppable instagram platforms, I'm not sure if I would've changed my hosting. I know that it is not Shopify's fault, but it was the main reason that I switched and put all this time, money and effort into developing a new site.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

I will try and help. I know your pain it is ridiculous having to answer to a Facebook computer. It took me nearly 4 months of arguing with Facebook and finally managed to work in the end of September. I literally gave it one more chance before calling it quits and it actually worked. 

I had submitted another appeal to Instagram, I did this pretty much everyday for the last month before they accepted it. I had got an automated reply as usual about the domain. I went into Facebook to disconnect the domain, and reconnect it. Once reconnected I replied to the email from Facebook, asking them to recheck. I always stated there was nothing wrong with the domain on shopify. If they replied back with the same thing I asked Shopify Support to check for me, they are so helpful and always did, but shopify can't deal with Facebook. 

When I say disconnect shopify from Facebook I mean delete the channel and re-add it after 30 minutes or so. I only did this to see if it made a difference. I then reconnected everything back up to Facebook, checked Facebook pixel was working and everything was done and sorted in the shopify Facebook channel before going into Facebook to check that side. I checked the domain and that everything was linked between Shopify and Facebook, sent another appeal through the Facebook channel on shopify and replied to any emails from them that I had already replied to but it was just incase they ignored my instagram appeal, left it for the night and next day it worked.

When you appeal through Facebook channel in shopify, add in a photograph or screenshot of the page at the bottom. I just screenshot the Facebook section shopify that stated we weren't able to instagram tag or shop. This is how I got a reply everytime. If you don't send in a screenshot it was always ignored, defiantly for me anyway. 

I have two domains like you do. My shop is connected to my Facebook and Instagram and the domain I connect with customers is too.

Hope this works!
Please let me know if this works, if not I will try and help you the best I can. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

@Alliefousee ^^^^^

0 Likes