Hello, I want test an order.

arturo82
2 0 0

I want test an order, but I not see where select mode test. Also when try create an order, there need select an plan (Basic,...)

0 Likes
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
33 4 4

Hey, @arturo82!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. I'm glad to know you're thinking of doing a test order as that's a good way to ensure the checkout is running smoothly for your customers! I would love to help you successfully create a test order.

For you to access the checkout and place any kind of order, you will need to select a plan and enter your credit card. If you are still on the trial period, you will not be charged the subscription fee yet as your billing cycle will only begin when the trial ends. Feel free to select a plan so you can test your checkout. Should you need to learn more about our plans and their features, you may refer to this guide.

Once you have selected a plan, you may then proceed with the test order. There are two ways to go about this, depending on the payment gateway you use. Have a look at the steps below and go through the ones that are most appropriate for your setup.

If you use Shopify Payments in your store:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payments.
  2. In the Shopify Payments section, click Manage.
  3. Scroll down to the Test mode section and check Enable test mode.
  4. Click Save.

You can then create test orders and simulate different transactions by using a test credit card number. The test numbers to create successful transactions, failed transactions, and transactions in different currencies are found in this guide. Don't forget to repeat the steps and uncheck "Enable test mode" once you are done placing the test order.

If you don't use Shopify Payments in your store:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Settings > Payments.
  2. If you have a credit card payment provider enabled, then deactivate it before continuing. Click Manage > Deactivate (this button also shows the name of your payment provider, for example Deactivate Shopify Payments), then confirm your deactivation. If you don't have a credit card payment provider enabled, proceed to step 3.
  3. You will now see the Third-party providers section. In that section, click Choose third-party provider.
  4. On the Third-party payment providers page, choose (for testing) Bogus Gateway.
  5. Click Activate (for testing) Bogus Gateway.

Go to your online store and place an order as a customer would. At checkout, enter the following credit card details: 

alt

Once you're done placing the test order, go back to Settings > Payments, click Manage next to (for testing) Bogus Gateway and click Deactivate (for testing) Bogus Gateway. For more information on this test gateway, have a look at this guide.

Are you preparing to launch your store? If so, we have a checklist with some helpful tips and tricks to help you make sales on the big day, such as preparing a prelaunch marketing plan and setting up your shipping settings. You're welcome to check it out here. Creating a test order is mentioned in step 3 and adding your billing details is mentioned in step 13, so you've checked a few things off the list and you're closer to being prepared for launch day. Good luck!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes