Help Connecting to Facebook

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi, 

I'm new here so I'm very sorry if I'm in the wrong place - although I did read the community guidelines I'm still finding my way around. 

So I have connected my Facebook account with my Shopify account and enabled all products and collections to show on my Facebook page. When I go to my business manager, I do see the collection (Store Collection : all products) showing but it says "number of items: 0" and I can't seem to find out why. 

Does that mean it's still processing or am I missing something? 

Thank you! 

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2169 137 290

Hi @imrenata,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Not to worry, this is the right place to ask. Just to confirm, do you mean that everything connected ok in your Shopify admin, but on your Facebook Business Manager it is showing the number of items as 0? 

Would you be able to share a screenshot of what you see on your end in the Business Manager, please? It's difficult to figure out what exactly is going on here without seeing anything more. Please block out any potentially sensitive information also should there be any. 

Shopify has a helpful guide going through all things about publishing products on Facebook which you also might find useful and can see here

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
3 0 0

Yes, of course! 

Some parts of my Facebook and Shopify are in Portuguese, but I'll do my best to explain what each thing means. 

This is my Facebook catalogue manager. On product collections it shows as if it's connected to Shopify, with zero items. 

Captura de Tela 2019-07-27 às 12.03.22.png

If I access my Facebook page and go to the "Store" section, it comes out empty and shows this: 

Captura de Tela 2019-07-27 às 12.06.46.png

Meaning: "Manage your collections on Shopify. Go to Shopify". 

On Shopify, on the other end, it shows as if it's activated and products are published. 

Captura de Tela 2019-07-27 às 12.04.57.png

Captura de Tela 2019-07-27 às 12.05.49.png

Thanks again! 

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2169 137 290

Thank you for sending over a detailed reply with this information @imrenata

Just to confirm, are your products appearing on your Facebook page publically at all? The reason I ask is that it can take up to 48 hours for new information to be pushed to Facebook. Even though it is showing in your admin, would you be able to say when you added the products to Facebook just to be sure. 

If the products aren't showing on the public side of your Facebook, there are a couple of workarounds we can look into. Let's take a look at them below: 

•  Toggling the products or collections to unavailable, and then available in Product Availability: This can send new information to Facebook. This is a quick and simple task that can be done in bulk but will start a new 48 hr waiting period. 
  • A step beyond that is duplicating products on Shopify, or to create new collections: This essentially sends a new product ID or collection ID to Facebook to sync, as often times there will be difficulty syncing based on the ID. This will also start a new 48 hour waiting period.
  • And last but not least, you could try disconnecting the Facebook page completely, and then linking it back up. It's not an ideal method but it will send brand new information and IDs to Facebook about both the shop and individual products and collections. You can do this by clicking "disconnect" as seen in the screenshot and will also start a new 48hr cycle. 19-07-25v0k-0sgds

The reason I am looking into these methods and asking about the products showing on the public side of your Facebook page is that once this aspect is addressed, the one you are asking about should essentially fix itself. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
3 0 0
Hi again!

Well, I’ve waited all this time just to make sure I wasn’t going crazy - I
let the 48h pass then let a whole week pass and some of the products did
show up, but I’m still missing a bunch. 🙁

I have 5/11 showing up both on my Facebook and Instagram accounts, which is
crazy.

Not sure what else I can do, if you can shed any light on me I’d appreciate
it 😂
0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2169 137 290

Hi @imrenata,

Thanks for the update. Generally when some products go through it is a good sign, other than the possibility of some of your products not meeting the requirements for publishing on Facebook, this can be caused by a delay in syncing products from Shopify to Facebook. You can see the product requirements for Facebook in the screenshot below: 

19-08-3rh9h-wd4x2

Would you be able to confirm and let me know if any of your products might not be meeting the requirements above? 

If they are all meeting the requirements, then we can take a deeper look into why this might be happening. 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi Nick, 

I am currently facing a similar issue as imrenata. I complied to all the product requirements as stated in the snip that you have shared in your latest comment. However, after I tried publishing the products on Facebook (showing the popup message "collection order published"), there is no product shown on facebook. There is no status or other forms of notification stating the products are under review. Hence, I hope you could assist me in resolving the issues. Thank you! 

shopify.JPG

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2169 137 290

Hi @LoraLee,

Just to confirm, your Facebook page and store are connected, but the products are not showing up on your Facebook page after you have submitted them?

Something to remember is it can take up to 48 hrs for the products to appear as Facebook will review them all. Can you let me know how long it has been as well as a URL link to your store and business Facebook page to take a closer look at this for you if it has not yet been resolved please? 

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 2
Hi Nick,

My issue has been resolved. The products are showing on Facebook.
Thank you!
1 Like
Community Manager
Community Manager
2169 137 290

That's great to hear @LoraLee.

Was it just time or did you or someone else do something to make the products show up? 

0 Likes