Help! I can't verify via my email address

chicladystudio
2 0 0

Hi there, 

I tried to transfer a domain into shopify back in December 15th 2020, and was waiting for the enabling of verification to pass though. When it asked me to send an email to the address specified, the email address attached already missing, and although I can send an email out from that specific address, I cannot receive any mails back at all, thus, not able to verify using the email address attached at all.

The email in question is online@chicladystudio.com . chicladystudio.com is the domain that was transferred from google. Now, I cannot any mail sent to it due to saying: domain not found.

But the action to verify this domain to be transferred would be using that same email.

Please HELP!!!!!

Thanks  

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
887 50 141

Hey, @chicladystudio.

Tira here, from Shopify. 

I understand that you want to verify your domain with your email address after transferring your domain. It looks like you're using an email address with the same custom domain attached to it. This can create a disruption in verifying the domain. You will need to change the email address for the domain so that the domain can be verified. 

You can change this by following these steps:

1) Login to your Shopify Admin
2) Click on Online Store > Domains > Shopify-managed domains and then click "Manage" next to chicladystudio.com. 
3) There will be an option to Edit in the Registration Information section like this:

21-01-lufb9-wsig9

4) Click on "Edit" and update your email address.

Once this email is changed to a different email, you will be sent a verification email to verify your domain.

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

chicladystudio
2 0 0

Thank You Tira! I can verified my email now. At the meantime, is my domain email from google account is no longer to be use, since i cannot receive any email?

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
887 50 141

I’m glad to hear that you can verify your email @chicladystudio. I’m not sure I understand, could you clarify what you're looking to do? Do you have an email address that you’re no longer using? 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes