Hi there - I'm fairly new to Shopify and I need some help understanding the best way to achieve what it is I'm trying to do. Here's the situation:
So here's what I need to know about Shopify:
Thanks for any help/guidance you all can provide!
This is a good idea and I hope it brings in revenue for Business district. I have a few questions for clarity.
- I assume your are using Shopify to be central point to sell the discounted gift cards for all the stores in your area.
- Will the Customers have the choice of purchasing a gift card for a specific Restaurant / Store or is this a general gift card for the the entire Business district?
- Your questions is how do you automatically fulfill / delivery these electronic gift cards?
the gift cards will have a "face value" greater then there purchase price and they will not be valid until 6/152021 ish?
Do I have that correct?
You can execute this call assembly simply or can add some complexity if it suits the business need.
operational thought: Each restaurant probably has there own existing gift card system weither it be simple paper manual-based or automated in their point of sale system. It’s clear that the gift cards you’re selling will operate outside of that structure
- when are you planing i’m giving the restaurant the funds. When the gift card sold or when then they get used?
- List each restaurant gift card according to the deal
—— restaurant “A” $75 gets your $100
—— restaurant “B” $40 gets your $50.
then email The purchaser a “PDF” Gift certificate to claim there funs why also providing the restaurant a listing of all gift card sold so they can validate and redeem.
i Did quick search of the shopify App Store and found an app called Sandowl
looks like you can automate the PDF using a tool like this.
- Implement a gift card system that would issue serialized gift cards that the merchant can use to claim the funds and update the balance of the gift cards.
*This is more complicated* I have some thoughts about how to implement this if the simple approach listed first does not work.