Solved

Help ! Not able to purchase UPS shipping label

nyz
Tourist
6 0 4

It's my first time offering UPS shipping cos customer requested . I normally use USPS and never had issues purchasing labels .

However when I tried to buy the UPS label It shows

1 shipping label couldn’t be purchased.

Fix the errors for each order and try again.

A system error has occurred and is being investigated.

I read several related posts , I cleared all the cache from my browsers ,I logged out and logged back on ,I tried to order the label on my phone shopify app ,  No lucks whatsoever .
How can I have this issue solved ?  Customer wanted UPS 2 day shipping and paid for it ,  the rate from shopify is like 20 bucks .  If i were to order it from UPS official website its going to cost me over 40 bucks ! 

Accepted Solution (1)
Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

This is an accepted solution.

Hello to all future viewers!

I just wanted to share an update with a possible reason that you may come across a system error when purchasing shipping labels.

An error such as this can be commonly caused by inactivity on your UPS account. If it has been longer than one year since you last purchased a UPS label, UPS may purge your account. In cases such as this, our support team can re-set your registration and you will be presented with the onboarding screen once again.

This can only be confirmed by our 24/7 Support Team, so make sure to get in touch with us to take a deeper look.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hi, @nyz!

Olivia here from the Shopify Community Team.

Thank you for connecting with us and sharing this issue. I sincerely appreciate all the troubleshooting you have already done, as that confirms that there might be an issue more specific to your store here. I double-checked and I don't see any service interruptions with UPS shipping label purchasing in this time frame, so ruling that out, let's move on to next steps.

1. You mentioned that you saw three different errors - did these all appear together, or was it a different error each time?
  2. In addition to trying other browsers and devices, were you also able to test a different network?
  3. Is the credit card on file ready to charge with available funds?

If you can confirm this information for me, and perhaps grab a screenshot for me of the error/s that would be amazing. Furthermore, I understand this might be a time-sensitive issue. For cases like these, you might need to connect with a live agent and get immediate technical support. I invite you to connect with us through our Help Center and take advantage of various contact options 24/7.

• If there is a callback option available, you will see it upon log in through our Contact Page.
  • Otherwise, connect with a live agent on chat within minutes 

I trust we will resolve this with you sooner than later, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Warm regards,

nyz
Tourist
6 0 4

Hi  @Olivia 

Thanks for getting back .

I believe when that time you didn't see any UPS shipping options while checking my store is becos I removed the UPS service (As I wasn't able to purchase shipping labels) .

Today I added UPS back and tried it again still no luck but I happened to took a screenshot .

I'm using firefox and google chrome , even tried other browsers and on my iphone , none had worked out . 

At this moment I only need to ship via UPS ocassionally upon customers request , and I'm using shipstation to get fair rates. However that cost me mothly fee. Therefore I look forward to using UPS service via shopify directly ...

EE19B1DE-D6A8-4F05-8B03-9CBE9A30EC88.jpeg

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

I appreciate that screenshot, @nyz!

That appears to be a very specific error - is this the same error you see each time you try to purchase any UPS shipping label? Since this does appear to be particular to your store, I will have to authenticate you for security purposes and access your store to have a look.

To move forward with this, I have sent you an email with next steps. Please respond to me there and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Warm regards,

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

This is an accepted solution.

Hello to all future viewers!

I just wanted to share an update with a possible reason that you may come across a system error when purchasing shipping labels.

An error such as this can be commonly caused by inactivity on your UPS account. If it has been longer than one year since you last purchased a UPS label, UPS may purge your account. In cases such as this, our support team can re-set your registration and you will be presented with the onboarding screen once again.

This can only be confirmed by our 24/7 Support Team, so make sure to get in touch with us to take a deeper look.

Warm regards,