Help Please! Email Forwarding Issue

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Everyone, 

I've set up forwarding emails as instructed by Shopify but when I try to test out the info@ forwarding address I get a return email saying Your message wasn't delivered to info@lovingbarks.com because it may contain a virus. Learn how to check for and prevent viruses.  When I try to send an email to lovingbarks@gmail.com it works fine, when I try to send it to the info@ address is when I receive the error message. Any ideas? I've tried going through google but all I find is that I should fix the problem through Shopify somehow. 

Hope someone can help. Thanks!
Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
840 97 138

Hi, @markzoran,

Hank here from Shopify.

Thank you for the screenshot, and the error message, I was querying this with the technical team here to see if there is anything I can advise of.

The error you described, however, seems to be coming from the original email sender. Now granted this may have been a test from your end, but all signs point to some form of interruption, but it also could bee an issue with your DNS settings, in particular your TXT or MX records.

Are you using a third-party hosting site like GSuite or Zoho, or have other details entered into the MX part of your DNS settings? I will share the only records that will work, providing you have an active Gsuite or Zoho account.12-04-jf8i8-gwk9p

Another thing I would suggest is taking a look at your SPF record and ensure it has the word Shopify in it. If you prefer, you can add the following SPF record to your TXT record v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all.

Let me know how you get on with this, or if you have any further questions for me!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having this same issue. If I send an email to my Shopify hosted email address, the email goes through. But if I reply to a marketing message sent from Shopify by the same email address, I get the below error. Any resolution on this?

Message may contain a virus
Your message wasn't delivered to XXX because it may contain a virus. Learn how to check for and prevent viruses.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

If you want to choose the email forwarding options to receive urgent notifications related to any writing work or any work then it will give you a special advantage. I have checked that many writing services providing email forwarding options to students who check the writing content on the https://edubirdie.net/ site options. Now you can follow some written steps which will help you to set up the email forwarding options for many people who want to get this service.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Having the same issue, please help!

I jave followed instructions as stated by Shopify and set up domain email addresses to be forwarded to my personal gmail account but when testing, get this error: 

das.JPG\

What do I do?

0 Likes