Help Please - How to add a search bar?

Highlighted

Hi Everyone,

I need help!

I am using the POP theme and am almost ready to launch my new shop but realize there is no search bar for customers to use inside my shop... which is VERY IMPORTANT. (I am an artist and customers will need to search for specific subjects like “cardinal” or “hummingbird.”)

I would be so very grateful for any help you can provide. Here is my store address & temporary password:

https://camille-engel-fine-art.myshopify.com

Password: twiklo 

Also, is there someone I can speak with to ask a few basic questions, like:

• Do the newsletter sign-ups automatically go into my contacts on MailChimp or do I need to personally add them? 

• I added a newsletter sign-up section but there is also a box in the footer that can’t be deleted for visitors to add their email address... above the social media logos. Is this confusing? 

I’m really excited to launch. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP! :) - Camille

Camille Engel Fine Art
Passionate oil paintings with rich lighting, color and detail.
0 Likes

UPDATE: I chose to move my shop to the “Simple” template which offers the search bar at the top of the page.

It’s not as pretty but I’ll depend on my Paintings to be the attractive element on my page.

Camille Engel Fine Art
Passionate oil paintings with rich lighting, color and detail.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
457 23 54

Hi, Camille!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

Did you still want to go ahead with the search option in the header of the Pop theme? Or were you happy to go ahead with the Simple theme? If you wanted to go ahead with Pop, I'd be happy to have a chat with our theme support team to see if they could add this in for you!

Just to answer your follow up questions:

*Do the newsletter sign-ups automatically go into my contacts on MailChimp or do I need to personally add them? *

Once a customer signs up for your newsletter, their information goes into the Customers section of your admin. After that, you can see everyone how signs up via the newsletter, or ticks the 'accept marketing' button during the checkout process under the 'accepts marketing' tab

04-20-0xkjl-vm77o

If you would like to add these customers to your Mailchimp list, you can click on the Export button to export this list of customer. After that, you can import them into Mailchimp!

*I added a newsletter sign-up section but there is also a box in the footer that can’t be deleted for visitors to add their email address... above the social media logos. Is this confusing?*

Not to worry, if you still have this enabled on the Simple theme, you can disable the newsletter sign up like this. Did you have the sign-up page added somewhere else on your store?

Let me know what you think!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
457 23 54

Hi, Camille!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

Did you still want to go ahead with the search option in the header of the Pop theme? Or were you happy to go ahead with the Simple theme? If you wanted to go ahead with Pop, I'd be happy to have a chat with our theme support team to see if they could add this in for you!

Just to answer your follow up questions:

*Do the newsletter sign-ups automatically go into my contacts on MailChimp or do I need to personally add them? *

Once a customer signs up for your newsletter, their information goes into the Customers section of your admin. After that, you can see everyone how signs up via the newsletter, or ticks the 'accept marketing' button during the checkout process under the 'accepts marketing' tab

04-20-0xkjl-vm77o

If you would like to add these customers to your Mailchimp list, you can click on the Export button to export this list of customer. After that, you can import them into Mailchimp!

*I added a newsletter sign-up section but there is also a box in the footer that can’t be deleted for visitors to add their email address... above the social media logos. Is this confusing?*

Not to worry, if you still have this enabled on the Simple theme, you can disable the newsletter sign up like this. Did you have the sign-up page added somewhere else on your store?

Let me know what you think!

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes