Help... Start up decision

Nee_coh_le
1 0 0

New to shopify.. I don't know how to start up my business, rather I'm finding it difficult to decide on what to start with, I have a lot of brainstormed ideas but I'm unable to select the most suitable for my shop.

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
763 81 108

Hey, @Nee_coh_le!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify, and thank you for posting in our Community Forums!

I understand you’re new to the platform, and are in the process of getting things started. Are you currently trying to decide what you want to sell, or are you more looking for direction on what to approach first with your Shopify account?

If you’re looking for inspiration on what to sell, I suggest looking towards what you’re passionate about. Success is directly related to the amount of time and energy put into something, and if you genuinely care about a project, it becomes easier to dedicate yourself to it. Once you’ve decided what you want to sell- my next suggestion is to create a business plan. We have a great blog post which goes over how to write an effective business plan I recommend exploring.

After determining what you’re going to be selling and creating business plan, we have an awesome and free Shopify Compass course you can check out. This course goes over a lot of key information for setting up an Online Store with Shopify, such as adding products, creating collections, setting up methods to get paid and more!

Feel free to reply back here and let me know how the above resources help. I also noticed you mentioned brainstorming some ideas, and I’d love to hear more about what you have in mind.

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes