Help: Unable to update navigation

Solved
3 0 0

Hello guys!

Currently, i'm facing a very frustrating problem. I can't seem to update anything in Online Store > Navigation. I created a new collections but unfortunately, it doesn't show up in the Main Menu links dropdown. I tried creating a new page to see if it have the same problem and unfortunately, it did.  I can't get anything done with this bug. I've already cleared cookies and cache, make sure everything is visible, and literally tried solutions on the net to no avail. Can someone assist me on this? Thanks in advance!

Test Collection CreatedTest Collection CreatedTest Collection doesn't show on main menu linksTest Collection doesn't show on main menu linksTest page createdTest page createdTest page doesn't show on linksTest page doesn't show on links

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

UPDATE: 

I've tried several ways to no avail. Finally contacted their live chat agent, doesn't seem to be able to resolve on their end too and have since escalated a ticket to their tech team. To anybody facing the same issue, please escalate the issue to their live chat agent. Seems to be an issue with their backend. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 43 92

Hi, there.

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through all of this. I completely understand how frustrating it is when things aren't working as they should.

Thank you for sharing all of those screenshots and thank you for the update.

It is great that our team has reached out to the tech team, but I have 3 ideas that might solve the issue. I'm not sure what they have done, but if you feel like going through these steps while you wait you're welcome to: 

1. Can you check to ensure that the pages are visible? That can be found by going into the page under Online Store > Pages 2019-11-h08fw-by874

2. Can you try making an entirely new menu? It could just be an issue with the current menu.

3. Then can you ensure that the new menu is attached to the theme? You can do that by going to Online Store > Themes > Customize > Header > Menu. 

2019-11-nxjfr-061c0

Once you try those steps it should show up, but if it doesn't please let me know and I will take a closer look.

Can I also ask if you're using an app for your navigation? Something like Mega Menu? 

If you don't feel like taking these steps, then you're welcome to just wait for our tech team. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Dallas! Thank you so much for your help. My menu now seems to work, even the old one is working. I'm not sure whether your method works or it suddenly just worked. Nevertheless, thank you so much for replying!

Update: I just checked the other tab and i found out that Dallas' second solution works. Thanks for your help Dallas!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 43 92

Oh, wonderful! I'm so happy that I was able to help. If you have any more questions at all please please don't hesitate to ask. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes