Help! Variant images are still showing after variant is deleted

Highlighted
1 0 2

After I delete a variant, the variant image still shows on the shop product page, even-though it is not visible in the product media section so I cannot delete it from there (the picture was added as a tumbnail to the variant only)

How do I remove these pictures now from the shop front? From where to delete them?

I use the simple template.

Hope someone can steer me in the right direction, many thanks in advance.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

Yup - i've got this same problem too! Anyone?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

If you delete the images from the "Media" section of the product, they will disappear. If the "Media" section is not visible, clear your cache or check back later.

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

So I added an image to variants and am using another image. The image I do not want to use is still showing up on the product page even though its not in the media section. How do I get rid of it?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
14 0 0

@pirateseyebbq Hello, did you end up finding a solution to this problem?  I'm having the same issue!

0 Likes
1 0 0

I am having the same issue. I added the picture in the variant section and now am showing double pictures. I do not want to delete the product because it has history. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Same issue here! Did you find a way to solve this? Looks like that it is simply not possible to delete variant images which sounds like a huge shopify bug to me.

In addition to that, all variant pictures show up in the product picture gallery. I recently uploaded a wrong variant picture by mistake. Now it shows up as product picture as well - with no option to delete it. Very frustrating.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Okay, found the solution:

In your product page editor, press ctrl+F5 (windows) to reload the page without using the cache. The media section will now show all media files including the variant images. Now just click on the picture you want to delete to open the preview. Click on the trash bin icon and your picture's gone

For those struggling with variant images showing up in the product picture gallery, here is the solution. Not as easy as I expected, but worth a try. Good luck guys!

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

@stefhoff  thanks man, it worked!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 2

Wow, this worked for me as well - thank you

0 Likes