Help on my dropshipping store

Highlighted
8 0 0

Hello. I’m newer to dropshipping and have just made my first store a few weeks ago. I have gotten around 80-120 views a day, and have over 750 total but only 3 sales. I am wondering 1) are my products the problem? 2) if not then what do i need to do to get consistent sales? I market on facebook and try to target makeup/beauty people. 
please help, link to store: https://www.nowlinbeauty.us

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey, @Bryce5!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Congratulations on your shop's launch! I've taken a peek at your website and would be happy to offer some suggestions to improve your visitor user experience and overall trust in your brand. Afterward, I'll touch on marketing to see how we can start driving in some sales to your store.

Shop Feedback

About Us Page

In browsing through your shop, it took me a moment to locate your About Us page. You can leave it in the footer menu, but I'd also suggest adding it to your header menu to make it more accessible. Often one of the first pages visitors will look at before shopping online is the About Us page. This gives you a great opportunity to promote your business and convince the customer why they should purchase ring lights from you, rather than another ring light shop. A good About Us page should include who you are, why you are (the problem your audience is having), what you sell (the solution to the problem), and what your mission is. It looks like you currently don't touch on any of these ("Beauty and Cosmetic equipment" is too vague to understand what you're really selling - especially with a limited variety of products). I would recommend reading through this About Us Page Guide to start spicing up your existing page!

Contact Page

I noticed you added a chat feature to your shop - that's awesome! I suggest also creating a contact us form and including a shop address on this page. This is also probably best placed on both your header and footer menus, as this will make it more accessible for visitors and customers to get in touch. Increasing your support accessibility will also help increase trust in your brand.

Accessibility

Support accessibility isn't the only important accessibility. It's also key to consider your theme's accessibility. I'm unsure how people who are visually impaired might perceive this; however, as someone who is able to see colors, the colors are the first thing that stood out to me when arriving to your shop. For example, the pink background clashes with your logo and appears to be off-scheme for your brand.

When you're done reading up on accessibility, I recommend reading about color psychology and checking out some inspiration before choosing your color scheme. I've personally used Coolors.co to help me with landing on color choices.

Logo

As for your logo, the diamond at the end gives the impression that you're selling diamond rings, rather than ring lights. After landing on a color scheme, you may choose to change your logo coloring or the logo altogether. If you decide to try out some other logos, you can look into using these free online logo makers!

Social Media

The social media links at the bottom of your footer menu are currently redirecting to Shopify's social media pages. Do you already have social media accounts for your shop? If you do (which I highly recommend), you can edit the social media links in our themes in the Theme Editor by going to Theme Settings > Social Media and change the URL addresses for each platform, or keep the ones you don't use blank.

While we're on the topic of social media, it might be good to update your social media sharing image and title and meta description if you haven't already. When you or customers share your store's link on these platforms, the selected image will then display on the post.

Product Pages

I was delighted to see that you've already added product reviews to your shop! This is a great way to continuously build trust in your brand. Have you considered taking your own product photography? When dropshipping shops use their suppliers' product photos, it's often quite obvious and may deter visitors from purchasing products. It's also quite easy to do a reverse image search and find the same photo used on the supplier's page or other dropshippers using the photo. If you purchase the products you're selling, you can take your own photos and ensure that the quality of the product and supplier service is to your standard. Check out our free Product Photography course in Shopify Compass to start taking your own photos! The last thing I'd suggest for your product pages is to include more product details in your product description. For example, I'm can't tell whether this product is a small compact ring light or a larger dressing-table ring light. Including your product dimensions as well as any other important information is crucial - your visitors want to know what they're paying for. Oberlo's Guide to Product Descriptions might be of interest for you here.

Tips:

Business Coaching

Target Audience

Who is your target audience? If you can't clearly and specifically define your ideal customer, consider creating a buyer persona to help you really zero-in on their characteristics.

Marketing

Once you have a clear idea of who your target audience, you'll have a better idea of what platforms they use, how to pique their interest, and engage with them. If you haven't already included it in your business plan, you'll want to take the time to develop a marketing plan.

Based off of what I've seen so far, social media business pages are probably great outlets to include in your marketing plan. You can check out some of our free Marketing and sales courses in Shopify Compass to learn more about organic and paid advertising.

Analytics

You mentioned that you've seen over 750 online store sessions in the last few weeks. We generally advise merchants to set an initial goal of obtaining at least 1000 online store sessions in the last 30 days before looking at your conversion rates, for accurate data.

While every business is different, we like to see our merchants' conversion rates to be ranging between 2-4%. Since you're nearing that mark, it sounds like you're probably not going to be within that range. After making the above changes to your store, crafting a marketing game plan, and arriving at 1000 online sessions in the last 30 days, you can re-review your conversion rate. If it's still below 2% at that point, you'll want to look at your bounce rate.

The bounce rate indicates the percentage of sessions that were terminated promptly upon arriving to your shop, without browsing. You can add the bounce rate as a column in the sessions over time Acquisition report. If your bounce rate is over 70%, this can often be attributed to poor campaigning. In this case, you'll want to go back to reevaluate your target audience and marketing plan before trying again.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, I was wondering the average shipping time of your product? Trying to find it, but didn’t see it.

0 Likes