Help regarding multiple accounts please?

Batty
14 0 0

Hi there.  I am a newbie, so forgive me in advance if this is painfully simple.

Can anyone explain the best way to run two or three stores at the same time?  I have one store running currently and just upgraded to the $79 monthly package.  I thought that gave me three stores under the same account, but now I have upgraded i see no reference to that.

What do most people do?  Someone suggested opening a new account each time, for each store.  Is that the only way to do it? Surely that means you have to submit your details each time (company details, address etc) and apply for shopify payments each time.  You could potentially build up a successful store taking large amounts of shopify payments, encounter a hold on payments whilst shopify validated your credibility, qualify your credibility and then have to do it all over again when you open a new store.  

I was hoping there would be a way to open a master account with all my company details, with sub accounts running under it.  Is that not possible?

Many thanks for the help!

0 Likes
hopika
7 0 0

Hello. We have two internet shops for one account. At first, we also did not figure out how to make two sites:

1. Hopikas

2. Bikewest.com

and registered two accounts. Then I fixed it. There are two sites in one account. In Shopify, they are easy to manage by choosing one of the sites here.

2.png

Account management here.

1.png

0 Likes
Batty
14 0 0

Thanks so much Hopika, appreciate that!

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 45 114

Hi, @Batty!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

At this time one plan is attached to one store. In other words, each account is one website. This helps with ensuring that each account is separate and individual.

However, if you wanted to open a site for the same business you can contact our live support team to discuss some options for multiple accounts with the same exact site set up (usually for international domains/languages). Are all of your accounts going to be the same business with the same site but a different language?

I appreciate that @hopika has provided some screenshots of how multiple accounts can be accessed with one Shopify ID. This is a simple way to manage multiple accounts that you own so you can take care of your businesses seamlessly without the hassle of needing many log-ins.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Batty
14 0 0

Thanks Lilith, appreciate the info.  I think I will just plough forward the same way most others do it - create a new account with each store/website.  My main worry was being turned down for shopify payments on one of the stores for some strange reason (think Paypal level fussing when it comes to that kind of thing) but it seems fairly straight forward with shopify.  Open account, trade, sometimes shopify might ask for a couple of proofs and when you submit them everything is good, no big deal it seems.  I once had a problem with Paypal holding some money from me a while back and despite providing all the correct details asked for by paypal, it took me 4 months to finally get it unfrozen.  As far as I am aware, Shopify are not as ruthless with that process in the way paypal are.

So, all good.  Thanks anyway!

Matt 

0 Likes
Lilith
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
433 45 114

@Batty Definitely be sure to start a new account for each site you create. I do, however, highly recommend linking them all with one Shopify ID as that is the easiest way to manage all of the accounts, linking them all to one login ID doesn't cost extra.

As for Shopify Payments, you can start using it as soon as you open any store account. However, from time to time our banking partners will require some proof of identity to ensure that all things are going smoothly with regards to the legitimacy of your identity, business, and following the Shopify Payments Terms of Service.

Each account is treated differently to make sure that our banking partners are serving legitimate business practices.

If your products or business do not meet the terms in the Shopify Payments Terms of Service, then you have other options available. We have a list of all payment gateways that integrate into the store the same way that Shopify Payments does. Just choose the country you're doing business from and it will give you a full list of all the gateways you can connect right into the checkout.

PayPal has different terms so there may be other reasons that they sometimes hold funds. If you have a good track record with them, usually you will be fine and not encounter a hold.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes