Help with Variant Options (availability to Customers)

5 0 0

Hello!  I need some help with VARIANTS.  I own a disc golf shop and combinations of different aspects of each product can be large.  Example of shop currently:  Each disc has a weight, color 1, and Color 2 option.  Say you have 10 different weights and colors.  Is there a way to have your customers select one variant, IE weight, and only have the subsequent choices show instead of each possible combination?  eBay currently does this.  I don't' want my customers to get frustrated by my store showing every possible combination of every variant that there is, I only want them to be able to see the variants that I have in stock.  ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

Which theme are you using?  This functionality would be part of the theme's feature set.  You should be able to find a theme that supports this, but probably not a free one.    If you are already invested in a theme and need it customized to add this functionality then let us know.  You may also find you need a solution to overcome the 100 variant limitation on a product.

www.leftfootsoftware.com

0 Likes
5 0 0

We are using the VENTURE theme which we have paid for.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
14 0 1

I installed Ventura and it does not include the feature you are looking for.  You can look for another theme that does, or you can add that functionality by modifying this Theme's code.  First you would need to determine how you want it to work.  One approach is to disable options in the select list based on the selection of another option.  Size 7 in this example using the Ventura theme:

Simple Option Selection.png

This approach assumes the user will first pick a color then a size since there is now no way to pick size 7 and see the available colors.

The more complex way is to visually show a range of possibilities based on the currently selected options:

Option Selection 1.png

Option Selection 2.png

This allows the user to select whichever options is most important to them first (size or color in this example) and allows you to give visibly of the other possibilities.

If you are not fully invested in the Ventura theme then I suggest exploring the other options out there see if there is one that better meets your needs in this area.

Good luck with your store.

0 Likes