Help with refund - Billed for months without a live store

Solved
Ashata8
1 0 0

Hi, I have been billed monthly for a store that I never was able to launch due to covid and have just calculated that I have been billed in total 440 au dollars during this time in total. I know you don't offer refunds in normal circumstances but I have been trying to contact Shopify for months via phone, online messaging ect and have been unsuccessful in getting help to officially end this. I'm hoping that you will see that my store never launched, never has been used, and refund me as much of my billing subscription as possible. Considering, I have lost my business due to covid before it was ever launched, along with my job, whilst continuing to study, I definitely cannot afford this expense that I didn't realize was still billing me. I have been trying to cancel the subscription billing and my store for months and have been continuously reaching out to your supposed "24/7 Support" that has been wildly unhelpful and I am extremely disappointed in the extremely difficult to use and confusing support access. If you could respond to this ASAP that would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
810 89 147

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Ashata8,

Hyde here from Shopify. I'm sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time of it!

Shopify can normally look into refund options once you've canceled your subscription, so your first step would be to do that.

Your next step is of course to reach out to our support. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble finding our support team. If you go to this page and click Contact Support you will be prompted to log in. Once you have done so you will be prompted to ask about a topic. Search for your query (or in your case, just type anything really) and relevant help docs will populate as well as the option to proceed to live chat or email. Naturally, you will want to contact chat to discuss refund options.

Since this is the next step I’ve marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes