Can Shopify integrate Hermes and Yodel for easier tracking in the UK?

cireland
Tourist
27 0 2

Hi Shopify, 

Can we get the couriers added to the tracking? 

They are 2 major couriers in the UK and it is also who I use mostly and having to go on to their website and manually track and copy and paste the link to send to the customers is getting a bit frustrating as it's so time-consuming when you are getting 20+ orders a day to have to deal with....

Thanks

Chris

Replies 15 (15)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @cireland

Rae from Shopify here. 

I appreciate you reaching out about adding these couriers, and confirming why this is important for your business. I can see how these extra steps are time consuming, and I understand the frustration this is causing. 

With this in mind, I'm going to share your thoughts on this with our team directly, and pass along your suggestion about adding Hermes and Yodel to our courier options for tracking.

If we're able to add these options in the future, we'll post more details on our changelog. This is where we share information about all updates and product changes made to our platform, so it's a good resource to keep an eye on. 

In the meantime, if any other Community members would like to see these couriers - or other couriers - added to our list, please reply to me here with more specifics about your request and your use case, and I can certainly pass your feedback over to our team, as well. 

Let me know if there's anything else I can assist with! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

mindware
Tourist
3 0 1

I second this for Yodel - it's a massive pain when fulfilling orders.

Yodel tracking numbers start with "JD" and are followed by 8, 13 or 16 digits. The tracking link is basically "https://www.yodel.co.uk/tracking/JDxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

It would be awesome to have this recognized by Shopify. It's a very popular method in the UK (along with Hermes as suggested by the OP, although I don't know their tracking number format)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @mindware

I appreciate you following up with these details, and sharing more information on your experience. 

I'm sorry to hear this is causing so many issues when fulfilling orders, and I'm going to pass your suggestion along to our teams for further review. 

Thanks for taking the time to reach out about this! 

emobpp
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi,

Has there been any developments with this query? 

Yodel is our main courier and some days we can send out 500 orders - as you can imagine it causes lots of issues for our customers as the tracking link directs to Whistl as Yodel isn't a recognised courier.

Please help!

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @emobpp

Thanks for checking in. 

We're still collecting feedback on this request. If we have any updates to share on this in the future, we'll post these on our changelog, as well as our Updates blog, so make sure to check out those resources. 

In the meantime though, I appreciate you posting about your experience, and I can see how this is impacting your customers, and your business, so I'll share your feedback on this with our team. 

To help resolve the issue you mentioned with your customers being redirected to Whistl tracking incorrectly, please make sure to follow step 6 here and select the 'Other' option from the drop down list of carriers when adding tracking links to your orders. This should allow you to manually add Yodel links so that your customers have access to the correct tracking details. Give this a try and let me know how it goes! 

David28
Explorer
90 0 20

I've been asking Shopify for this for TWO YEARS! so good luck! it would take them of all of a few seconds work to add these couriers to the ones available when you fulfil an order but for some reason they won't do it. Even though there are some very obscure couriers on that list and yet Hermes and Yodel handle millions of parcels and are two of the country's biggest couriers. Please do ask them for it because it will be more likely to happen if more people ask.

cireland
Tourist
27 0 2

It’s rather ridiculous. Shows you how much they actually care. It’s such a quick win for them yet they don’t bother. 

David28
Explorer
90 0 20

I raise it with customer support every few months but no luck so far. As well as posting here, i think it would be a good idea if everyone here who wants this to happen raises as a support ticket with customer support, as it's then more likely to be seen by the technical people.

emobpp
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi @Rae,

Thanks for coming back to me however as @cireland@David28 and @mindware have said, it is crazy that these two couriers have still not been added.

I understand that you can manually add tracking numbers when selecting 'Other' as an option however this is not a good enough solution when you're a company sending out hundreds of parcels a day. Our customer service team are inundated with customers chasing tracking on a daily basis due to the fact that for some reason, the tracking links to Whistl. Shopify is a brilliant platform in many ways but the issue with tracking is causing us serious problems and despite speaking to numerous people at Shopify, no one seems to have solution.

I would appreciate (along with many others i'm sure!) you passing this on to your team so that it can be looked into as a matter of urgency.

Thanks

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, everyone. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback in this thread. I've passed all of your suggestions on this situation along to our team for further review.

If any other Community members would like to also provide feedback on this, please post your concerns in this thread. That way, I can continue sharing your thoughts with our team. Once I've passed this information along, I will 'like' your reply so that you know your feedback has been actioned. 

In the meantime though, if we have any updates to share on this in the future, we'll post these on our changelog and our Updates blog, so please keep an eye out there. 

Thanks! 

emobpp
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi @Rae 

Thanks for passing on our thoughts and feedback.

I was just wondering if this issue has been reviewed by the Shopify team yet? If it's not possible to add Hermes/ Yodel to the courier list I would appreciate it if you could let me know along with the reason why. 

Many thanks.

mindware
Tourist
3 0 1

I doubt this type of request/feedback is actually even read by the right teams/people - the Shopify staff posts here seem more like false reassurance. I've come across multiple posts on this forum about shortcomings such as this & other then polite responses, nothing ever seems to be done.

I've given up on Shopify as a result and currently working on migrating to a new platform.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi again @emobpp and @mindware

I appreciate you both following up on this.

All of your comments and requests have been shared with our team, and we continue to review these individual pieces of feedback on our end. As mentioned in my last reply, if we have any updates to share on this request, we'll post them on our changelog, as well as our Updates blog

@mindware, I'm sorry to hear that you're migrating away from Shopify, and I'd really like to share your feedback on this with our team. With this in mind, can you please confirm which other features you're looking for that aren't currently available on our platform? Once I have these details, I can help further! 

Thanks, 

Alon_nu
Visitor
1 0 0

Any update on this? We're also using Yodel's services on our webshop and are encountering issues with this.

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Alon_nu

I appreciate you reaching out and joining this thread. 

At this time, our team is still collecting feedback on the request to add Yodel to our platform, and we are reviewing all of the suggested use cases further on our end. I have passed along your thoughts on this to our team, as well. 

As mentioned previously, if we have any new information to share on this, we'll post more details on our Updates blog and our changelog, so please make sure to check both of those resources for future updates. 

Thanks,