Hide NO REVIEW from product

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

No matter what I do, I just can`t remove the ZERO STAR REVIEW stuff from my products. Does anyone know how to fix it? I already tried all the CSS codes that I saw here, but it doesn`t work. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9871 99 1706

What have you tried? That will save the forum members talking about things you've already attempted, or help you if what you tried had mistakes in it.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
603 30 96

Hi, Gabriel!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)I've had a look and can see Jason has answered a post similar to this here. He goes into greater detail in his blog post here. This code should work a treat for you too! So if you go to Online Store > Theme > Actions > Edit Code, you can access your themes HTML/CSS. You would just need to copy this code - 

.spr-badge[data-rating="0.0"] {
    visibility:hidden; display: none;
}

to the bottom of your CSS stylesheet, which you can see if you scroll to the Assets section here - 

Some themes don't have theme.scss.liquid though so, you can look out for timber.scss.liquid, main.css.liquid etc. Then just click Save when you are done!

You can always contact our support lines here. Our support team should be able to give you a hand if you have some difficulty with this.

Or I'm sure Jason (or other Experts) can help you here! I have yet to see him not solve a problem on our Forums ? 

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hey Guys,

the code worked perfectly thank you.

Any recommendation how to remove the blank white space too (where the stars were)?

(only in those instances when there is no review)

Thank you!

1 Like
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi Ava, 

I have tried to post the code below, but it hasn't worked. I am using the Retina theme, and I don't think I am pasting the code in the right place. Can you help me please?

@Ava wrote:

Hi, Gabriel!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)I've had a look and can see Jason has answered a post similar to this here. He goes into greater detail in his blog post here. This code should work a treat for you too! So if you go to Online Store > Theme > Actions > Edit Code, you can access your themes HTML/CSS. You would just need to copy this code - 

}

to the bottom of your CSS stylesheet, which you can see if you scroll to the Assets section here - 

Some themes don't have theme.scss.liquid though so, you can look out for timber.scss.liquid, main.css.liquid etc. Then just click Save when you are done!

You can always contact our support lines here. Our support team should be able to give you a hand if you have some difficulty with this.

Or I'm sure Jason (or other Experts) can help you here! I have yet to see him not solve a problem on our Forums ? 

Ava

I am using the Retina theme and I have tried to paste the same code, but it hasn't worked for me. Can you please help me?

@Ava wrote:

Hi, Gabriel!

}

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Is this code:

/* -- code to remove zero based ratings for Shopify App -- */
}
/* - end - */

Suppose to remove this box? no reviews.png
By pasting the code into the bottom of timber.scss.liquid
When using the Brooklyn theme?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
603 30 96

Hey, @Dan116!

This code is intended to remove the 0-star reviews from the main collection page, or any collection this product appears in. So while it would not be viewable if you were to view this product on a page, if you were to click into the product (from a collection page or from the homepage) to view the full product page, you will see the 0 star rating. This is to ensure that customers have the chance to leave a review, as if this box was totally removed, no one could review the product.

Let me know if that helps!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I already have a reviews app set up that displays reviews like this...

1.PNG

But if I can't remove the 'No Reviews yet. Be the first to add a review' above it then it doesn't make sense to have no reviews when I do...

2.PNG

0 Likes