Hide Price/Contact for quote for a specific variant of a product

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi all

So I have this feature I would love to be able to do.  I have tried out a bunch of the apps but none of them can do what I need.  I make Luxury Leathergoods and most of them are bespoke, made to order.  For those products I would like to have certain options say Contact for Pricing listed in my drop down rather than the actual price.  If you look at the screen cap below.  If a client picks Alligator from my dropdown of product options rather than the price be listed and an add to cart button, I want it to say Contact for Pricing in where the price is as well as that to replace the Add to Cart button with a Contact button

The reasoning is pretty straightforward.  The cost of alligator leather is very expensive and varies greatly depending on demand and the quality of the leather, the markup in the pricing end is also a lot so listing a set price is not the best practice because I could be severely under or over charging.  The prefered way to work is to start a conversation with the client then make customized product order after all the things have been worked out.  Also a lot of times I require a non refundable deposit to purchase materials.  (see my posts in the Deposit app thread)

Jeff

Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 11.56.47 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
833 127 141

Hi There!

Got your point here, I can assist with that by modifying the variant pulling logic to change the Add to Cart Text & Functionality to either redirect to the contact page, open a chat box, etc...What we can do is have the "Contact Us" button open a live chat session directly on the website where you can answer the customer. 

In all cases this can be modified and adjusted as per your needs, if you'd like to talk about this more please don't hesitate to send me an E-Mail to the address listed in my signature so we can get this up and running swiftly. 

Cheers!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkconsultancy.com
K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
833 127 141

Wrapping this thread up, solution has been successfully deployed. Cheers!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkconsultancy.com
K&J
0 Likes