Hide custom tip field on online store

wcolton48
Shopify Partner
29 0 7

Is there a way to hide the custom tip field on the online store, not POS?

Replies 3 (3)

Ollie
Shopify Staff
2329 454 397

Hello @wcolton48.

Thanks for reaching out.

That's a great question. By default, we can either enable or disable the tipping feature to be available on the store checkout. With that being said, the tipping feature will be available on both online store and point of sale checkouts. Unfortunately, there isn’t actually the ability to edit the code to have the tipping feature only available for the point of sale checkout unless you are on the Shopify Plus plan. The primary reasons behind not being able to edit the checkout CSS are around security, responsiveness, and maintaining PCI compliance. If we had customized checkouts, any updates or improvements that we wanted to make would have to be made on a store-by-store basis. As you can imagine, this would take a very long time! It would also make the customer suffer if the checkout was then glitchy/not updated correctly.

We still allow you to customize your checkout style, such as changing the colours and adding a banner to the top of the checkout page. However, ultimately these systems are in place with the primary focus of making our platform more secure for you and your customers. We hope you understand that it’s with your best interest at heart.

One thing I can do is send your request up to our development team for you. At Shopify, we pride ourselves on the continued growth and development of our platform, and we are only able to strive towards this goal with feedback and comments from merchants just like you.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

wcolton48
Shopify Partner
29 0 7

Hi, I think I wasn't clear. We don't use POS. We just want to hide the custom part of the tipping option on the checkout page for online store. We want the preset values to still show. I have attached a screenshot of how we are using the tip feature.

Does anyone know if there is any CSS or code available to just hide the custom amount area?

Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 2.38.25 PM.png

Bekir
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

Hey, I'm looking for the same. Were you able to find anything to disable the 'custom' box?