Hide or Password protect a page/collection/products...

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 5

I want to have a hidden page and hidden collection of products that are only accessible either with a password or with a specific URL. I found this thread, that is quite old https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-discussion/t/password-protect-on-individual-page-blog-or-a....

I was wondering if there is a solution, or workaround for this now?

It appears hidden pages are not viewable, so the workaround suggested in this no longer works. As for collections, i dont think it is possible to hide one and have it viewable with the URL either.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
537 0 86

Hey there!

Savannah here from the Shopify Guru Team. :) 

When it comes to password protecting a page or collection, I would recommend using an app like Locksmith. Easy Lockdown is currently in testing mode, but it will also do the trick! 

If you're not interested in working with an app, you may want to reach out to an Expert and ask if they can build that capability into your store. 

Happy selling!

Savannah

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 5

Hi both of these are too expensive for what i need. But thank you for your input.

I will just leave them visible and off all navigation for now.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
17 1 3

There's another app that does exactly what you're looking for!

https://apps.shopify.com/password-protected-pages

And since cost is important, it's half the price of the other guys :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
55 2 7

Another good solution is Product Locker, a super simple and inexpensive app that lets you block access and remove links to any product on your store.

There's a free trial here

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
16 0 3

Hi GUYS!

Wondering if you have already tried this app? has no reviews and I am also in the lookout for a password protected single product solution....

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

This one is blocking off the entire store.  I just need to block off one collection

0 Likes