Hiding Email/Name

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

I'm currently using my main personal email for Shopify. However, my email and full name are exposed when my customers receive confirmation and update emails. Is there any way I can hide my email and name?

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
217 24 48

Hey @Crazy010517!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

When sending an automated email response to your customers, like Order Confirmations, the sender field will always use the Store Name field that you have input in Settings > General.

You will also find that this is where you will find your Customer Email address, which is the address merchants will see when you send these sort of automated emails on Shopify.

If you aren't looking to make your personal email available to your customers and you have a custom domain, I would highly recommend using an email forwarding service like Gsuite or Zoho Mail to create an email address specifically for your business. You can learn about setting up email forwarding on your Shopify domain here or if you're using a third party domain for your store you can find instructions on setting up email forwarding here.

I personally use Zoho Mail for email forwarding and I've been really happy with it.

How are you finding Shopify so far?

Let me know if this helps!

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Alright, thank you!

Shopify is been pretty great so far!

0 Likes