High Traffic, Low Sales PLEASE HELP :(

Daniel72
3 0 0

Hi guys, 

I am the owner of TheBattleBus.shop and really haven’t been open for that long (1 week) and have been constantly running Facebook ad’s as well as a couple of Instagram influencer ads. On average I have been getting around 600-700 website visits a day and have NO sales so far. My conversion rate is as follows

32% - Added to cart.

10% - Reached Checkout 

0% - Sessions Converted 

Can somebody help me to figure out how I can improve my conversion rate? Any tips? 

Thanks, 

Daniel 

0 Likes
Katerina
Pathfinder
233 0 34

Hi Daniel,

The numbers are pretty interesting, especially such a high number of people who have added something to their cart. That's good as it means your potential customers are at least interested. I took a look at your website and I have a few suggestions:

You could have some about us page to tell your website visitors who you are and why they should buy your products. It's always good to have a story.

Your contact page is just a blank form. I recommend adding at least your email address. You can have a professional looking one easily thanks to email forwarding.

You could focus more on your products' descriptions. They should be original and appealing to persuade your customers they need the product right now!

As you manage to bring some traffic to your store but you don't have sales, you might want to try our app ROI Hunter Easy. It generates personalized ads with products your visitors left in the cart or have browsed. Sometimes, the visitors make a purchase immediately but usually, they need more than one visit to make a decision and it's good to remind them of your store.

I hope it helps,

Katerina

Daniel72
3 0 0

Hey Katerina,

Thanks for your reply. I have just installed the ROI hunter app and will give it a shot. I will also be adding more details to the product pages in the coming days. One question I have for you, you mentioned I should change up my contact page, I am not quite understanding what you suggest I upgrade and change. 

Thanks again,

Daniel

0 Likes
cubewalker
Shopify Partner
65 0 2

Your online store is quite "blank". I have found some problems:

1. no about us page. Don't know your background is trustworthy or not
  2. contact us page only have a web form. Better provide more contact info like phone number, address, email, etc
  3. no facebook, twitter page. Social profile is a must in online store
  4. no customer touch. No customer review, 
  5. no promotion info. Free delivery or discount coupon is not offered

You can also take a look at our ad retargeting solution, socialport.io after the changes above. It helps to gather your audience before paying ad. So it can help to improve ad conversion rate via retargeting your relevant audience.

If you don't know who your customers are,  you can hardly target them accurately. Our solution emphasizes on distributing relevant content to build up your custom audience to improve ad accuracy.

Katerina
Pathfinder
233 0 34

Hi Daniel,

As for the contact page, there's no information about how to reach you, there's just a form:

It's better to include at least your email address or even better your address and phone number so your customers know better who you are and how to reach you in case of any problems.

I hope it helps,

Katerina

Daniel72
3 0 0

Thank you Cubewalker and Katerina again! 

I will take all of your guys suggestions and implement them right away! As for Cubewalker, you mentioned I did not have any promotional info such as free delivery, however I have a large banner accros the top of all my pages indicating that I offer free delivery on all orders as well as in each product description. Did you by chance not see this, or are you indicating that I should inculde even more promotional info? 

Regards,

Daniel

0 Likes

hummm.maybe there is no trust yet, maybe you need to add element of trust on homepage, so first time buyers won't be afraid to buy.

Hiring Influencers helps a lot with that (you can reuse their content right there, on your hp (just don't forget to write that you can reuse their content on the Brand-Influencer Contract: https://dearmishudad.com/influencer-agreement/)

Good luck!

Good luck brand and Influencer heroes! – #DearMishuDad (Influencer contract template is here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084SP1R7G)
0 Likes
cubewalker
Shopify Partner
65 0 2

Oh yes. I overlooked that when I was surfing your site. 

You can try my suggestions and see how it goes. Actually, your issues are very common. There are many similar questions in other threads here, may be 8 out of 10. I am thinking to make a conversion checklist for store owners to check them on their own.

p.s If you are interested in trying my ad-retargeting solution later, please feel free to let me know.  

0 Likes
Queenandco
1 0 0

Me too. I can't seem to convert visitors to sales. I've generated over 30k in view on my website and 1 sale. I don't understand.  Only 4 people filled their carts.  Need some constructive advice www.skintoronto.ca

@Katerina wrote:

Hi Daniel,

The numbers are pretty interesting, especially such a high number of people who have added something to their cart. That's good as it means your potential customers are at least interested. I took a look at your website and I have a few suggestions:

You could have some about us page to tell your website visitors who you are and why they should buy your products. It's always good to have a story.

Your contact page is just a blank form. I recommend adding at least your email address. You can have a professional looking one easily thanks to email forwarding.

You could focus more on your products' descriptions. They should be original and appealing to persuade your customers they need the product right now!

As you manage to bring some traffic to your store but you don't have sales, you might want to try our app ROI Hunter Easy. It generates personalized ads with products your visitors left in the cart or have browsed. Sometimes, the visitors make a purchase immediately but usually, they need more than one visit to make a decision and it's good to remind them of your store.

I hope it helps,

Katerina

0 Likes
Munn
Shopify Partner
480 17 100

Hi @Daniel72 welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.

Resourceful guidance & help: Not having support or not having adequate information is a huge frustration for a lot of online buyers. Consider adding a chat plugin to your site for people to contact you while they are shopping.

Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.

Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase. (I have added an image as reference. If you do like it, then check out more sticker packs here)

Screenshot 2020-08-26 at 9.43.39 PM.png

I hope this helps !

Munawar

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes