High traffic, Low Conversion Rate

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey everyone

I currently have about 500-600 daily visitors in my store, with about 20-25 abandoned checkouts and only 2-4 conversions. My average conversion rate is 0.62%, so very much below the average cr. What would you say is my biggest problem? Is it my ad targeting or rather the site itself? Should I try to add more trustworthiness? I am considering adding trust badges to my product page, but I do not want the page to look messy or too flashy etc.

I would appreciate if someone could take a look at my store: https://deltastraps.com/

Thank you in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
30 5 5

Hi, @mafe219 !

The site is incredibly clean. I find it very aesthetically pleasing. In my opinion, adding trust badges would likely have the opposite impact. Adding an image "proving" that a site is secure doesn't necessarily increase sales, or reassure customers. There is some research that seals from trusted brands like Norton and McAfee can increase sales, while these images hurt sales. You can take a look at this great article from inFlow for their study results. There’s an app for that in our app store called Trusted Site. This app allows you to display the TrustedSite or McAfee badges properly and is free up to 500 visitors per month. As you mentioned, they also tend to clutter up the product pages.

If you have consistent traffic like that and that many abandoned checkouts, i'd like to look into what your shipping strategy is. Do you offer free shipping? If not, have you considered adding shipping cost into the product and offering free shipping?

Also, what are your major traffic sources and what traffic sources are converting to sales? This we be a good indicator on where to focus your efforts.

We do also have this great guide on 9 Ways to Improve Conversion. I hope you found this information helpful and i'd be happy to continue working with you if you have any further questions!

Oliver | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey Oliver

thanks for your answer. I offer free shipping aswell as express shipping for $4. I don't think shipping costs are the problem. Ma major traffic sources are Facebook and Instagram, so people who click on my ads. The ads have a very good reponse rate and cpc, but they are not really converting, thus the low conversion rate. I still don't really know if the ad targeting is the main problem, or if my page is simply missing something, eg thrustwortiness. I will try the badges though, maybe they will help.

0 Likes