High traffic and Shopify Payment gateways

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello all,

How well do the Shopify payment methods handle high traffic? I have been told that PayPal can shut down when it received a large amount of traffic, is this true and does it also apply to the other methods?

I have looked around and I could not find any information on this or a point of contact.

Thanks,

Zach

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1454 88 318

Hey, @zachgitti

Shopify Payments helps process payments thousands of stores, some of which process millions of dollars a day, so when it comes to high traffic, I can guarantee that we'll be able to manage the traffic you and your business would bring should you use Shopify Payments. That said, as a new business to Shopify, our teams will likely place a hold on the account and request business documents from you to verify the business should you start processing a high volume of orders. Should that occur, they would prompt you to upload documents through your admin; which will be reviewed within 3 business days by our Banking Partners. If they approve of the information provided, then the hold would be removed, however; should they require any further documentation then they will reach out to you. The review process would be an industry standard across most payment providers and would be something to expect when you start using a new provider.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes