High traffic, low sales :(

Justin_Miller1
Tourist
11 0 1

Hey guys,

I am the owner of a jewelry company (Gold City Shop) and have been open for around 6 months now. I have made a decent amount of sales and have a pretty good amount of traffic. The traffic is highly targeted though facebook ads on instagram. My problem is that I still have a very low conversion rate (Add to cart= 2.8%, Reached checkout= 0.5%, Purchased= 0.05%). 

Can somebody help me to figure out how can I improve my conversion rate? Any tips?

Thank you.

Varshul_Mittal
5 0 0

Hello,

I am Varshul from InSeon Pvt Ltd.  We work with e-commerce companies to improve customer retention & visit to order conversion

Our platform SenCEx is a Behavioral Intelligence Driven Customer Engagement Solution which helps you understand, engage & target customers. Our smart pixel gets embedded to your website, tracks customer behavior real time & helps you automate targeted actions to boost conversion & revenue.

Our recent implementations have shown good results & have helped businesses improve their conversion by up to 90 basis points. We are currently giving a free trial for 30 days. Feel free to reach out for a demo.

Thanks & Regards
Varshul Mittal
Co-Founder, InSeon
Email: varshul@in-seon.com
Phone: +91 98207 21892
www.in-seon.com
www.sencex.com

0 Likes
Nigel4
Excursionist
26 0 14

Hey there Justin, 

I just took a quick look around your site. Well done for coming as far as you have in just 6 months! 

I think there's a simple reason why you haven't had many responses to your post. Most likely it's because there's not really anything obvious that jumps out as being wrong! 

The only things that occurred to me are the following (and they are all small): 

• I'm sure you know this already, but as you are dealing with quite a high-priced niche (average cart value above $100?), trust is seriously important. Often that level of trust needs to be established over a few visits - rarely will someone just land on a site they've never heard of and spend $100+ straight off the bat. If you are working with colder traffic, this is even more important. So I would continue to try to get people to interact with your social profiles as much as possible - perhaps even experiment with an exit pop-up to grab an email address. Your Insta account is great, but your FB and Twitter are a bit quiet. Customers are probably going to have to have several interactions with you before they pull out their wallet. 

• We've found having good contact information to be of value when it comes to building trust for higher value sales items. People rarely use them, but they like to see a physical address, phone number, etc. Something more than an email address. If this isn't possible, consider a live chat box maybe. As I've said already, trust isn't a huge deal with low priced products. But with things like jewelry, things like that start to matter. 

• I see you're focusing on paid traffic - which is great. But don't ignore your search traffic too. People who are actually searching for something are much easier to convert. I put your site through some keyword tools and saw you aren't doing too bad for some keywords with decent traffic. So some keyword research and attention to some SEO could get your site in front of the searchers - which will improve your conversions.

• Just watch out on your Navigation bar - when I click "Support" on your Navigation bar - I'm getting a 404 error page. 

• Likewise, when I click "Contact Us" on your Navigation bar, I get a 404 error page. (Although both links work fine in your site footer). These are the small things that damage trust - particularly with colder traffic. 

• Finally - just noticed a tiny typo in the Customer Service section (below "Our Focuses" on the homepage ("singe" instead of what I presume should be "single"). 

Congratulations on a cool site though Justin - you're down to making tweaks at the margin now - I'm sure it won't be long before you get those conversions up! 

Take it easy, Nigel 

Analogy Marketing is a Shopify Partner Ecommerce Marketing Agency focused exclusively on Digital Marketing, Advertising, and SEO for Shopify stores.
Justin_Miller1
Tourist
11 0 1

Hey Nigel,

Thank you very much for the reply. 

It was bad timing when you looked at my website because those pages and that typo where only there for about 30 minutes. I was in the middle of switching themes. They are now fixed though.

As for building trust, can you elaborate on that and give me some more ideas please?

Best Regards,

Justin

0 Likes
Nigel4
Excursionist
26 0 14

Hey Justin, 

No worries! 

When it comes to trust - I guess what you need to think about is what is going through someone's head when they are considering buying from your site. 

Jewelry is in a category of products that are a little bit trickier when it comes to ecommerce. The nature of jewelry is that you like to see it, feel it, weigh it, try it on, etc - before you buy. 

Common objections will be "what if I don't like it", "what if it doesn't turn out the same as it looks in the picture", "what if I don't like what it looks like when I'm wearing it", etc. 

I know you have a returns policy there - but one thing you could emphasise more might be the risk-free nature of the purchase. If you don't like the item - we'll take it back, etc. 

Either that, or you all out to give a huge amount of detail and information about the item up front - lots of different photos, close-ups, videos, etc -  make people feel like they have almost come in contact with the item already. Really sell it hard. 

You might have to split test these changes to see if it increases your conversions. There will be operational and budget concerns for you to look at too, I know that.

This is a huge pain-point for ecommerce stores that deal in clothing, footwear and so-called "sensory" purchases. Amazon is even trialling a service where you can try clothes before you buy them. I'm not saying you should follow suit, but I'm just alerting you to the fact that it's not just you facing this kind of problem - the biggest names in ecommerce are trying to solve it too. 

Good luck with your store! 

Nigel  

Analogy Marketing is a Shopify Partner Ecommerce Marketing Agency focused exclusively on Digital Marketing, Advertising, and SEO for Shopify stores.
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2486 142 446

Hey @Justin_Miller1,

Could you share your website URL so that I can be personalized with my answer here. So you’re generating traffic, but you’re not getting any sales. It's a good thing actually. Not convinced? Let’s take a step back for a moment. Sure, on the one hand you’re not making any sales, but let’s look at the positives here. It's an opportunity.

Something is obviously going right. People actually care enough about your brand or your marketing to visit your website. But we still need to turn that traffic into sales. The issue that you are facing is very common among Eccommerce sellers and it’s one which we’re sure you can solve.

If you want we can discuss this in detail. Would love to share them with you.

Regards,

Aitrillion.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
Munn
Shopify Partner
483 17 101

Hi @Justin_Miller1 welcome to Shopify community

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Have a featured collection based on your offers, new arrivals, best sellers, etc. This will grab the attention of customers when they browse the homepage itself. Also adding more graphic product labels/stickers like Sale, Fast Selling, Free Shipping can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. You can read more about it here.

3. Reviews: Get more reviews in your products, this is for shoppers to gain some confidence in buying from your store. To know more about how to ask for reviews politely, you can read it here.

------>Add trust badges and trust seals: One of the easiest things you can do to make your e-commerce site more trustworthy is to add trust badges, this will make them feel more comfortable making a purchase. You can read about it here

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase. (I have added an image as reference. If you do like it, then check out more sticker packs here)

image_png_675321108.png

I hope this helps!

Munawar

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes