High traffic, no sales

Solved
Excursionist
16 0 5

Hi there, can somebody please have a look at my store myshop.store. My paid for traffic is quite high, organic traffic still low, but even with the high traffic I have had no sales as yet. My store has been going since mid January this year. I am feel quite exasperated. Thank you

2 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2002 122 254

Hi @michiegirl,

Nick here from Shopify.

Really great work on your store so far, I think it looks very tidy and professional and shows you've put a lot of work into it so far. I did see a couple of things which you could look to change or add to help the high traffic turn into conversions. Let's take a look at them below. 

• I was thinking it could be worth looking into a change with the store name. "My Shop" is very generic and might confuse people when you are sending them to your store and explaining what exactly the shop name is. By having a more distinct brand identity and name, it will help establish your brand in terms of standing out from the crowd. A name with something related to rings is the direction I would tend to go based on your products. 
  • Adding a Contact Us page rather than a link to an email is something else I would look into. It adds a much more personal touch while still keeping the visitor on the website. I can see why taking the visitor straight to an email might remove a step, but you want to keep people on the website for as long as possible in case they might still look around. Shopify has a great guide on how to make a Contact Us page here as well as a blog post going through 5 steps to building the perfect Contact Us page here
  • Another page I would add is an About Us page. People love stories and the reason behind why stores were created, it gives them an emotional attachment to the store by letting the visitors in a little, but also stories sell. If you told people in an About Us page about your love for rings in all different shapes and sizes and you had this passion to start an online store because of that, it shows how much you are invested and people visiting the store can feel that. The content team at Shopify wrote a couple of different blog posts about how to write persuasive About Us pages as well as some examples of great About Us pages which I would recommend. 

I think you're in a great place, but with a few changes and additions, you can take things to the next level and get some consistent conversions with the high traffic you are already receiving. Hopefully, this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Excursionist
16 0 5

Dear Nick

Thank you for the wonderful positive and actionable suggestions. I will put all of these into action and I'm sure we'll see some conversions.

Kind regards

1 Like
Excursionist
16 0 5
Dear Nick

Thank you for the advice, I will certainly put all your suggestions - which make so much sense - into action.

Kind regards and best wishes

Mich Immelman

1 Like
Excursionist
16 0 5

Hi Nick

I made some changes to my store, please could you look at it and give some feedback.. I would appreciate your help.

Thank you

Mich Immelman

@Nick wrote:

Hi @michiegirl,

Nick here from Shopify.

Really great work on your store so far, I think it looks very tidy and professional and shows you've put a lot of work into it so far. I did see a couple of things which you could look to change or add to help the high traffic turn into conversions. Let's take a look at them below. 

• I was thinking it could be worth looking into a change with the store name. "My Shop" is very generic and might confuse people when you are sending them to your store and explaining what exactly the shop name is. By having a more distinct brand identity and name, it will help establish your brand in terms of standing out from the crowd. A name with something related to rings is the direction I would tend to go based on your products. 
  • Adding a Contact Us page rather than a link to an email is something else I would look into. It adds a much more personal touch while still keeping the visitor on the website. I can see why taking the visitor straight to an email might remove a step, but you want to keep people on the website for as long as possible in case they might still look around. Shopify has a great guide on how to make a Contact Us page here as well as a blog post going through 5 steps to building the perfect Contact Us page here
  • Another page I would add is an About Us page. People love stories and the reason behind why stores were created, it gives them an emotional attachment to the store by letting the visitors in a little, but also stories sell. If you told people in an About Us page about your love for rings in all different shapes and sizes and you had this passion to start an online store because of that, it shows how much you are invested and people visiting the store can feel that. The content team at Shopify wrote a couple of different blog posts about how to write persuasive About Us pages as well as some examples of great About Us pages which I would recommend. 

I think you're in a great place, but with a few changes and additions, you can take things to the next level and get some consistent conversions with the high traffic you are already receiving. Hopefully, this helps! 

All the best, Nick

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2002 122 254

Hi @michiegirl,

Thanks for your kind replies and great to hear you liked/ applied the feedback. 

I took a look and think what you've added/ changed is great and will really help you move forward. I love how you rephrased the Contact Us tab to say "Get In Touch". I also really like the name change. I feel it suits your store much better and tells the customers more about who you are and what you do. The only advice I would give in addition is to change the domain name also. I know this might be a bit of a pain, but it will stand to you in the long run. 

I also really enjoyed your About Us page and the way you have laid it out. It gives people an idea of who you are, and why you are doing what you're doing with your store, essentially giving them your story. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Success.

Hi Michiegirl,

In order to increase the organic traffic, make business page/account on every social media platform. Try to post on a daily basis on these social media platform with alluring images and captions and connect with more and more audience. Don't miss any social media platform because you never know which platform may bring you sale. Connect with more and more audience.

Also, run discount offers so that the visitor makes the purchase when he visits the store.

Feel free to reach out here anytime. I'd love to help out! Can't wait to see your result!
Thanks

Digital Marketing Executive
0 Likes
Excursionist
16 0 5
##- Hi there Sarth, yes MyShop is quite active on FB, IF, Twitter and Pinterest… not sure what other social media platforms to explore. What I am doing now is being more focused and strategic about what, when and where I post daily. Thank you for your input I appreciate your comment -##
0 Likes

It's great that you're doing such things. Also, you need to keep changing the images, hashtags and caption. Analyse from the post whichever has a good engagement rate. 

Digital Marketing Executive
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Excursionist
28 2 5

Hi michie

I think there is a very important issue that you only provide one payment method-Paypal. Almost 50% of customers are used to using the credit card to buy things

The conversion rate will be higher if you add the credit card payment

0 Likes