Where can I find the history of deleted apps in Shopify?

Podium
Tourist
20 0 1

I am trying to find out where an automated email is coming from. It sends after a transaction and has a Surveymonkey link. I have checked every app on my site, and in Settings > Notifications but I can't find it anywhere. I thinking it may be from an app that has since been deleted, is there somewhere that app history would be logged?

Thanks

Brian

www.thepodiumshop.ca

Replies 7 (7)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @Podium,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us! 

So there's no specific location to view past apps that were installed in the admin. That said, if you have a new store and there's not a huge amount of admin history, you could enter /admin/activity after your store's URL and scroll through the store's history for the old app info. An example of this would be mystorename.myshopify.com/admin/activity. This wouldn't be ideal if you're store has been active with Shopify for a while though. 

Regarding the notification, could you tell me if there's anywhere else at all in the email (possibly somewhere in the footer) that might have the app listed other than surveymonkey? You're welcome to share a screenshot if it's easier. It sounds as though it's a customer survey app. Can you remember editing code to activate this feature? As well, would you be able to share your store's URL with me here? 

Many thanks,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Podium
Tourist
20 0 1

The store has been on Shopify for several years (and through a couple of people making changes for me)

The URL is above

Podium
Tourist
20 0 1

I spent some time going through the activity log, you are right that will be a slow search as the survey dates back to 2017!

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @Podium,

Thanks for getting back to me and for letting me know. So you were able to find the app in question were you? If not, please let me know and I'll pop an email your way so I can take a closer look at the account. 

Thanks a mill, 

Podium
Tourist
20 0 1

Still can't find it - clicking through the activity log is pretty tough.

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @Podium,

Ok sure thing, I've just emailed you there to authenticate the account and so I can take a closer look. 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Many thanks,

myusername2393
Tourist
3 0 2

I have the same issue; trying to find an old deleted app. 

You can only search for the past 250 events in events manager. 

Then you get this message. 

myusername2393_0-1639844534795.png