Holding Payments PayPal and Stripe

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi all,

I'm lunching my 1st store in a few days with Stripe and PayPal as payment methods and after seeing so many people complaining about the payment holdings they do, I would like to ask you what should I do/not do in order to avoid those payment holdings from them in the future?

Thanks for the advises!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
816 50 103

Hi there @pedrof7!

Don here from Shopify.

There's not much we would be able to tell you from here in Shopify about the specifics of the services provided by the companies you mentioned or how, when, or even if they would hold your funds.

That said, it would be perfectly normal for any payment gateway to need to complete a review of your account, identity, and business to ensure you comply with their regulations and obligations.

There's some info here on Stripe's own support site you can check out regarding payouts and if you need further info, you can contact their support team here.

I also had a look at PayPal's site for any info on payout holds you can check out and you can reach out to their support team for more info here.

Those services themselves will be able to give more specific info on their processes and requirements that is simply not available to us here in Shopify.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Well the good news is you can always avoid those holds. I could relate to the Paypal holding funds problem as my own account funds were put to holds many time. Upon discussing the matter with Paypal team, the matter becomes clear and I came to know about some steps to be taken to avoid those holds and what to do when funds are already on holds. Please check the link below for complete information.

https://ecomsprint.com/why-my-paypal-money-on-hold-does-paypal-give-your-money-back/

0 Likes